Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Orange and Black 700 on Wed. and FINALLY got a chance to ride it today (4 days later). $7200 OTD. I live in Hollywood and you can't just jump out your back door and hop on. You got to drive an hour at least. Turns out, I picked up a job up in Mammoth tomorrow (Monday) so I grabbed a uhaul trailer an hit Olancha Dunes on the way. Had to stay mellow because I was the only one out there, but had a BLAST anyway. Kind of weird being on the dunes by yourself. Cool though. It was a trip. Was probably 90 degrees at the dunes and you could see the snow covered Sierra Mountains in the distance. I'll be rolling stock for a few months, but looking forward to blowing more $$$. Thanks for the forum! :thumbsup: Peace.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Congrats on the new raptor and your first dune ride on it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I am still waiting to take mine to the dunes.. :'( :'(

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Welcome, Congratulations and happy modding. You will be doing mods before you know it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
06RAPPY700SE said:
How far off of the 395 are the Olancha Dunes???? Never even knew about those dunes.
1 mile or so east of the 395 on the 190, just south of Lone Pine, CA. On the right hand side. As you go in towards the dues you will cross an old asphalt, somewhat covered up old road that runs parallel to the 190. If you take it to the west it's kind of cool for a few miles. If you go straight into the dunes off of the 190, there are usually 2 minor dunes and 1 major dune (50' - 70'). It's small, but mellow and not over ridden. I'm going back on May 1st around noon. Give a holler if you're in the area.

Peace

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.