Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up this 06 raptor 350
Has an fmf pipe and k&n filter, motor is stock.
hasn’t been jetted but info on jetting would be great.
anything I have to worry about with this model??? I’m in Florida so sand and muddy rides when it’s wet out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 raptor 350, HMF exhaust, modified airbox
19 Posts
just picked up this 06 raptor 350
Has an fmf pipe and k&n filter, motor is stock.
hasn’t been jetted but info on jetting would be great.
anything I have to worry about with this model??? I’m in Florida so sand and muddy rides when it’s wet out.
I have an 04 350 with the same mods as yours. I solved the off idle stumble by moving the clip on the carb needle down 2 notches and now runs perfect. Didnt need to rejet.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to redo the brakes on this thing so havent been able to ride it till now. starts and idles fine, but than once i start riding it and it gets warmed up it starts randomly shutting off. while its on, it runs amazing. but can't figure out why its shutting off. i cleaned the carb, checked all the wiring. i wiggled the ignition coil around and it turned on again but when it did it again, couldnt get it back on so might have been coincidence. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had to redo the brakes on this thing so havent been able to ride it till now. starts and idles fine, but than once i start riding it and it gets warmed up it starts randomly shutting off. while its on, it runs amazing. but can't figure out why its shutting off. i cleaned the carb, checked all the wiring. i wiggled the ignition coil around and it turned on again but when it did it again, couldnt get it back on so might have been coincidence. any help is greatly appreciated.
Check your petcock and make sure gas is flowing adequately to the carb.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Had a spare new petcock so changed just to be sure.

something weird i did notice, i connected a spare spark plug i had, and put it against the head, and the arc is orange not blue.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
replacing the ignition coil today and now it won't even start. i'm back to getting a blu arc on my spark but she wont fire up. i unscrewed float bowl screw and fuel is coming out but not sure why she won't fire now.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered ricks stator, was checking pick up coil got readings on one side, 0 on the other. From researching seems the pickup coil going bad is common.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well least I know the stator will be good for a while. Something told me to double check the gas, new petcock wasn’t flowing in the on position. Left it in reserve for a bit and cranked right up. Ordered a new petcock hopefully test it out on the trails soon.

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
Now that you mention that, our old 350 was the same way until I swapped out the petcock.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had bought a two pack of petcock online last year used one on the 660 worked fine since than. This one I installed fresh and it stopped working after a couple uses. Works on reserve though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
like an idiot, didnt even bother noticing that the gas tank was slightly empty so fuel wasnt reaching the petcock in the on position. big tatada! she's running great now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
like an idiot, didnt even bother noticing that the gas tank was slightly empty so fuel wasnt reaching the petcock in the on position. big tatada! she's running great now.
Had a suspicion that your original petcock was bad, as i noted before. You MUST make sure to get the right one so as to fit your plastics. Ethanol gas ruins petcock rubber in short order. Go to youtube to see how to make non-ethanol fuel- its easy. Been doing it for years. Helps your carb stay clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts