Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, first post, but have been lurking here for awhile.

i bought a 01 raptor 660, had a bottom end knock so i rebuilt the motor top to bottom. new hot rods crank, 100.5mm wiseco 11:1 piston, no base gasket on cylinder, new timing chain, new valves and valve job, and mildly ported the intake and exhaust myself (basically just blending the bowls and runners)

i am running a big gun exhaust and no air box lid with a pro flo filter adapter and k&n filter with outwears and outwears lid cover.

the jets that i am running (well were in the quad when i bought it) are dynojet 146 in left and 148 in right with there needles on the 3rd notch. has stock pilots.

the bike runs good, although i havent really ripped on it cause the motor is fresh, and only has about 20 minutes of run time on it.

are these jets good for the setup i'm running? or should i pitch them, and put the stock needles back in and get a 160 and 165? also should i change the pilots out for 25's? i live in pa and run about 1000 feet elevation, with maybe jumping to 1500 to 2000 feet, but no more.

like i said, i just wanna make sure i'm in the clear on jetting, i want this bike to last a long time, the thing makes plenty enough power for me, and i am very happy with the way it runs. the only thing i might do later on is a stage 1 cam.

thanks for everything guys, this forum is great, i have already pulled tons of info from here on rebuilding the motor, and what parts to go with. THANKS A MILLION!!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

i bought a 01 raptor 660, had a bottom end knock so i rebuilt the motor top to bottom. new hot rods crank, 100.5mm wiseco 11:1 piston, no base gasket on cylinder, new timing chain, new valves and valve job, and mildly ported the intake and exhaust myself (basically just blending the bowls and runners)

i am running a big gun exhaust and no air box lid with a pro flo filter adapter and k&n filter with outwears and outwears lid cover.

the jets that i am running (well were in the quad when i bought it) are dynojet 146 in left and 148 in right with there needles on the 3rd notch. has stock pilots.

the bike runs good, although i havent really ripped on it cause the motor is fresh, and only has about 20 minutes of run time on it.

are these jets good for the setup i'm running? or should i pitch them, and put the stock needles back in and get a 160 and 165? also should i change the pilots out for 25's? i live in pa and run about 1000 feet elevation, with maybe jumping to 1500 to 2000 feet, but no more.

like i said, i just wanna make sure i'm in the clear on jetting, i want this bike to last a long time, the thing makes plenty enough power for me, and i am very happy with the way it runs. the only thing i might do later on is a stage 1 cam.

thanks for everything guys, this forum is great, i have already pulled tons of info from here on rebuilding the motor, and what parts to go with. THANKS A MILLION!!!!
Those are Dyna Jet #'s, I think you should be close with em but Im not real knowledgeable with DJ #'s, If ya want Id go with after market needles #25 pilot jet's & 160 165 should get you close with a full system & open air box. Maybe WillyKiller will chime in.:)
What part of PA are ya from, Im near Scranton..
Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm in reading, but i'm from westfield pa, up in tioga county, it is in the corner of tioga and potter. i ride up there we have a 100 acre farm.

yes they are dyno jet numbers. but i'm not liking them as to the fact they are different then everyone else's numbers lol. i really wouldnt mind just getting the 160 165 and 25 pilots from somewhere and knowing what is in it and being on the same field as everyone else.

thanks for the help!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

Without the airbox lid you definitely should be up around the 160 main jets, mikuni style, you should be running #25 pilots and use the aftermarket needles half way up........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
use the needles that came with the dyno jets, or where are you getting them?
i'm having a hard time finding needles out of jet kits.

scranton is about 2 hrs if not more then that from westfield, and your about 2 hrs from reading.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
use the needles that came with the dyno jets, or where are you getting them?
i'm having a hard time finding needles out of jet kits.

scranton is about 2 hrs if not more then that from westfield, and your about 2 hrs from reading.
unfortunately you cannot buy the needles separately, I have modified some stock needles so they flow similar to an aftermarket needle though........

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just a thought but if ya want I have everything ya need in house to jet her up right.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hey there Bud, hows the Rappie workin............gettin sore hands yet from hanging on...........
Ow ya, she is running awesome.We hope to get out Sunday for a god ride.You should see my buddy's looken at the motor & all the plugs...:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok well what kit do you reccomend that comes with the needles you speak of........ And does it come with 160 and 165 jets? If that's the case point me in the direction and I shall just buy that.

I'm assuming the kit won't come with pilots though, since most don't......

Banshee2raptor do you have the kit willy is talking about?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ok well what kit do you reccomend that comes with the needles you speak of........ And does it come with 160 and 165 jets? If that's the case point me in the direction and I shall just buy that.

I'm assuming the kit won't come with pilots though, since most don't......

Banshee2raptor do you have the kit willy is talking about?
I do..I have # 25 & # 27.5 pilot's you already have the DJ needles & I have a pair of GYTR needles & I have enough main's to keep you happy to..:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts