Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mind you I have never bought a set of paddles before. Has any one ever received a set of tires and had them folded inside themselves. (I bought these via mail order and will not say the place in case this is standard practice.) I can't pull them outta themselves with just my hands, I guess i am going to have to do some prying. Just thought i would share these photos with you all. I was shocked when I unwrapped them to find them this way. I really like how they have a nice square shape to them. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Never seen that before. Are you sure the UPS guy didnt run them over with his truck. :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
BadRap said:
Never seen that before. Are you sure the UPS guy didnt run them over with his truck. :lol:
looks like he ran them over a couple times lol :lol:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know now that i think about it he did kinda have a funny grin on his face as he was waving and walking away. :mad: I guess i should be kinda upset, but i keep looking at them and laughing. It was so shocking to see them. For a second i thought they send me the wrong tires. I picked them and said these cannot be the "rear" tires i ordered. They are not wide enough.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I got mine like that from rockymountain, after they were installed they were fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
hey are those the new caveman sand stars???? lol your right, they have a nice square look . here is what you should have done with that delivery guy..... :brick:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wow thats screwed up! :crazy:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after they sat and warmed up some. (It is like 40 degrees outside) I was able to pull them out and they kinda look like round tires now. :lol: I also like how they put a peice of packing tape over the yellow emblem to i guess "protect it", then when i pulled the tape off so come the emblem too. Oh well the yellow clashes with my orange anyway. :fruity:

·
Registered
899 Posts
I orderd 6 tires once and when I got them I thought they only sent 4. The rear looked normal but the 4 fronts were all folded in eachother like that. Rockymontain.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Neat! :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Now that some of these places are switching over to free shipping on expensive (read big and heavy) orders they've gotta cut as many corners on shipping as possible. Less volume = smaller package = lower postage = more profit

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
try some laquer thinner to remove to hot-stamps, my holeshots started looking ratty so I used it to wipe em' off. :thumbsup: Since the tire are bias, they'll be o.k., I've seen smooshed tires before but they must have sent them on a shoebox! :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dont you all know, youll go much faster on square tires! Its the 4th mod! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
HA HA HA - AJ my sand stars were shipped the same way from rockymountain... ha ha ha.... I about shit my pants when i opened up the box when i got mine.... i pulled mine open with my hands, but it wasnt easy.. i should have heated them up first but i didnt... ha ha

Plattner

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I kinda feel sorry for the they guy that has this job. Pressing tires inside themselves all day long. He must have Popeye forearms. I couldn't even get my fingures inbetween the beads when i first brought them inside. Let them sit for awhile and warm up them they came right apart. I am glad i took a pic though it still makes me laugh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts