Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this past weekend I had the chance to ride my friends bone stock except skids raptor, my first reaction was damn this thing vibrates like hell and bounces all over the place. I have gotten so used to the Precision stabilizer and the TAG +1 stem w/ Antivibe clamps and pro taper CR hi bars. The ride was like night and day. Steering is so smooth, way less vibration then my friends and way less cramped. I have to say if you are on the cusp thinking of either of these mods I am now a huge fan and would reccomend the set up to anyone. I don't neccessarily think that the stem and bars on their own did it but the combo of a stem and the precision is a big difference. Oh yeah the 3 mod and the 15T also change it a nice bit. Even when I did a second gear start and the front was up through third. So I was very impressed.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
How much $ we talkin? I love the idea!

·
Registered
677 Posts
It is amazing ...... i rode my bike then an identical bike without a Precision or an anti-vibe stem and i could not believe the difference. I have my full chromoly anti-vibe stems and precisions stablizers on sale.

Precision Stablizer - Retail - $489.99 ......... PM for the discount price.

FUELATV chromoly stem with bar clamps ........ $200.00 shipped chrome or Black.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
82 Posts
What is the difference between the precision stabilizer and the gibson stabilizer? The precision is 2.5 times as much money, does it dampen more than the gibson? Does the gibson break? I do know the gibson is rebuildable, what does that mean? Does the precision never have to be rebuilt?

Basicly, I'm a weekend warrior with sore arms, help me chose what I need.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
+1!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Um, FUELATV, can't you tell me what the differences are between the gibson and the higher priced, higher quality precision? Once I know, I can decide which way to go.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FUELATV said:
It is amazing ...... i rode my bike then an identical bike without a Precision or an anti-vibe stem and i could not believe the difference. I have my full chromoly anti-vibe stems and precisions stablizers on sale.

Precision Stablizer - Retail - $489.99 ......... PM for the discount price.

FUELATV chromoly stem with bar clamps ........ $200.00 shipped chrome or Black.

WWW.FUELATV.COM
You should put a package together with this stem and the Precision for a group buy. I would have been interested before I had one.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am no expert here but, I know the Precision has more adjustment, it's a sealed unit so the important parts are internal, and it is rebuildable as well. As far as it never needing to be rebuilt I know that is not true. I do however think you will get more time out of it before it needs to be rebuilt though. I think the precision is better all around if you are okay with spending the money. If not the others do work too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks! I think I will start with a gibson rebuildable and see what happens!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
I am no expert here but, I know the Precision has more adjustment, it's a sealed unit so the important parts are internal, and it is rebuildable as well. As far as it never needing to be rebuilt I know that is not true. I do however think you will get more time out of it before it needs to be rebuilt though. I think the precision is better all around if you are okay with spending the money. If not the others do work too.
Plus they are more out of the way then the Gibson. One thing that always worried me about the gibson is the fact that it hangs right at or sometimes past the front bumper and if it hit just right on a tree or something you could have some major damage. :eek:

Precision/Elka is definatly the way to go if you have the extra cash. If not just watch for tree's. ;)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point Eric I knew I was leaving somethin out.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I put a thread out there on the Gibson I just mounted up on my 700 and the Wife's 700.

I get two 1-week trips a year + maybe 4 other extended weekend trips in per year. . . I think this should work well for me for the price.

I've got a few buds with the same stabilizer on their bikes and it has worked well for them for years. I think you can count on the Gibson working well for you.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
FUELATV said:
I do have +1 stems in stock .........

WWW.FUELATV.COM
Fuel, Do you also sell the Gibson? The precision is just a little too steep for me right now. :(

·
Registered
334 Posts
i rode an ltr450 with the precision....and the gibson i put on my raptor set to the next to highest setting felt exactly the same.

gibson is awesome for me. :unsure:

·
Registered
665 Posts
yeah my buddy and i are lookin at the gibson right now, we agree that the precision is a little too steep, were gonna try the gibson, anybody up for a group purchase, iam asking k and k atv if they are game , anybody else know who might be up for a group buy???

·
Registered
492 Posts
SULLY0556 said:
How much $ we talkin? I love the idea!
It sounds like you and your boy will be working on a front end... :grin_nod: 8)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Yea! No stabilizers for a while. :lol: Did you have a r/h lower arm?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I will look today after work. I am thinking I just have the left side

1 - 20 of 28 Posts