Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just started drag racing and I ran a best time of 73.18 mph in 9.04 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I've been looking for street tires all day. And a wheelie bar as well. I did the big three last weekend (Trinity intake, pipe, and controller) and a friend clocked me at app. 85 mph top end. I ordered 18 inch rear turf tamers on .125 Douglas wheels. Maybe it will gear me down enough to get accelerate to a faster top speed and shorter time this Friday. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, the Trinity Racing kit gives my Rappy 13 more horsepower. This thing rips now, but is loud with the spark arrestor removed and airbox lid off (which is how the EFI controller is set up to run it from the box). I can do 4th gear power wheelies now with no problem where as I could only do it in 3rd before.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is this gonna be a drag only bike? If not, id get a longer swingarm before a wheelie bar.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would, but I like to wheelie a lot and jump too. The longer swingarm would make both of those difficult. I can always take a wheelie bar off after the weekend.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
William Lawn said:
Hey guys. I just started drag racing and I ran a best time of 73.18 mph in 9.04 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I've been looking for street tires all day. And a wheelie bar as well. I did the big three last weekend (Trinity intake, pipe, and controller) and a friend clocked me at app. 85 mph top end. I ordered 18 inch rear turf tamers on .125 Douglas wheels. Maybe it will gear me down enough to get accelerate to a faster top speed and shorter time this Friday. Any advice would be appreciated.
I think you may be running an 1/8 mile.. Just my 2 cents :) as drag cars are running in the 9's at 130-140+ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
William Lawn said:
I dont think gearing down to 18" inch wheels is the way to go .. this torq.engine wants some load to work against.. i tried a dragrace once just for fun i and i went
8,30/ 79 with 15/36 gearing and 20" tires .. If you put a low. kit on it its more easy to leave hard , i have a cfm front/rear kit on mine . also running maxxis street/dirttrack tires - dont know if they´are available in us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts