Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Racers Edge and talking to John, and got some of my build going! I am going to be getting the DASA duals, MegaCycle x4 cam, an 11:1 SB CP piston, HD valve springs, and Dyno tune! Work is going to start on it Friday, so I can have it back for my Glamis trip Presidents Day weekend. He is also going to try to hook me up with a used set of SkatTrak Haulers. The only thing I need to do is find somebody who is wanting to get rid of their FCI. Anybody? lol I leave for South Korea in March for six months, and will be finishing up more stuff after my return (P&P, +2 valves, and +3 TB). He is estimating between the 60 and 65hp range for the stuff I am getting now. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
John is good people, and a really friendly guy in person. their turn-around rate is exceptional.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah man 60-65 sounds about right! I'm at 68.44 hp with my build but I gained a few pony's when I milled the head out in my shop haha! How come your going with the dasa's? I won a set of those last year but sold them instead of my barkers. I didn't like the way the cans are painted and the tips are chromed. Chrome and paint never last on exaust parts like that. They'll end up chipping and lookin like shit.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everybody and their mom has the "big 3" duals (Monster, Barkers, DMC) and I wanted to try something different. Plus I like how they mount with the tabs and come with the black cans stock. My friend has a DASA pipe on his 450R and has had no issues with it. If the paint goes to shit, I can always powder coat it down the road. John does seem like a great guy with some great prices on their products. I look forward to doing buisiness with him more down the road. Plus it helps that he is only 10 minutes from my house. :)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Everybody and their mom has the "big 3" duals (Monster, Barkers, DMC) and I wanted to try something different. Plus I like how they mount with the tabs and come with the black cans stock. My friend has a DASA pipe on his 450R and has had no issues with it. If the paint goes to shit, I can always powder coat it down the road. John does seem like a great guy with some great prices on their products. I look forward to doing buisiness with him more down the road. Plus it helps that he is only 10 minutes from my house. :)
hey cool buddy:D tryin out something different, i wanna see pics asap those dasas are gonna be sweet

·
Registered
316 Posts
the dasa can looks sic... that dam tip is art work

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will post pics of it next week. I will be dropping it off at his shop on Friday to start the work. 686cc - If you are still going to Glamis Presidents day weekend, you will be able to see it up close and personal, lol. souththirty - Those tips do look insane. They hit jackpot there!

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
It will post pics of it next week. I will be dropping it off at his shop on Friday to start the work. 686cc - If you are still going to Glamis Presidents day weekend, you will be able to see it up close and personal, lol. souththirty - Those tips do look insane. They hit jackpot there!
im gonna end up having to move at the end of the feb month so now i cant go:mad: super pissed:rolleyes: oh well i still expect pics buddy:D

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most definitely! Where are you moving to?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FCI purchased! Thank you so much to bulldogz400 for the quick reply, and the great price!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I emailed them a few times and never ever got a reply so DL700 will be getting my custom this year.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed TQS for some quotes and never got a reply so Racers Edge got my money, lol.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
FCI purchased! Thank you so much to bulldogz400 for the quick reply, and the great price!
Your gonna like the fci buddy, it's a bit of pita but im sure you'll figure it out since it doesn't come with instructions there also a install vid on you tube just so you know;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I emailed TQS for some quotes and never got a reply so Racers Edge got my money, lol.

Swings and roundabouts then I suppose matey :cool:

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just talked to John again, and added a +3 TB and Evac valve to the list. :cool: It seems like every time I talk to him I spend more money! lol. I drop it off tomorrow to get the work started.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your gonna like the fci buddy, it's a bit of pita but im sure you'll figure it out since it doesn't come with instructions there also a install vid on you tube just so you know;)
Thanks man! The guy I purchased it from actually sent it directly to Racers Edge for me so I will let them deal with the headache. HaHa! :metal:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Keep us posted on your numbers bro

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sure thing Spider! Do people generally let you video tape them when they do your dyno run?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts