Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out the other night with some friends and we were going to eat and in the parking lot there is a big ricer get together. Nothing but hondas, acuras, scions, couple subarus, ect. I go past them and get out of the car to go to eat and they all flip me the bird while I am going in the door. I am guessing they flipped me off becuase I own a muscle car.... ::) So anways I said to one of them standing out in front, I'll whoop all those cars with my fourwheeler. They all of course laugh and say, "How much hp your little fourwheeler have?" I said around 51. They all were like BS! our cars have like 150-200hp! there is no way! Your full of shit....

So anyways I got to thinking and wondered if any of yall have a good guess at what our raptors do 0-60 in?

They meet up there every fri. night and it seems like more and more rice burners come. They also race in the parking lot (pathetic) so maybe one night I need to take the raptor out there :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just kiddin, I'm gonna rape those guys one of these days... But to this day I still do not understand their mentallities? I guess when they put those coffee cans on their cars and they hear there car fart for the first time, I guess they get tricked into believeing they are driving a porsche. I also enjoy the wing on the back of a frontwheel drive car, I guess they are thinking they need to keep all that 100-220hp undercontrol, or they want to hydroplane???

·
Registered
779 Posts
I guess you are too young to remember the 80's and early 90's when every Tony, Frank and Joe had a done up IROC or LS Mustang. Yeah that 225hp 5.0 was a barn burner, and boy did it handle. Point I'm making is, every generation has it's groups that do up or rice up whatever you want to call it, the car of the day. I remember the 70's with jacked up Camaros with the fuzzy dice or fox tail and the Cragar S/S on them. Why were they so jacked up? I didn't see a trailer hitch on the back lol. You look at that crap now and it's a joke. But back then it was cool, as cool as roller blades and disco lol. If I still had my STi, I'd gladly meet up with you, 300hp, 300 ft/lbs torque, that's stock, mine was pushing much more. With AWD, 6spd trans and very light weight, I used to eat SVT Cobras for breakfast. Sure they made tons of noise...but that was it. Oh yeah, I could still whip it through any corner, stop on dime with the Brembos and make your face peel with the g's in the corners. I'll agree that a Honda Civic is a grocery getter, but Japan still makes the best sports cars for the money, for the money I said. Give me a Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec and you can come with whatever you want. Then you'll be eating rice pudding.

Oh yeah, don't forget that raptor under your ass is a ricer too! You could trade it in for a Polarass.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
There's a monumental difference between high-performance japanese cars like the rally cars, supras, rx7, r32/33/34 skyline, etc and the grocery getters with a spoiler and cut front springs that were never made to handle or go fast. Kind of like pimping out your yamaha breeze...

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Maddog56 said:
There's a monumental difference between high-performance japanese cars like the rally cars, supras, rx7, r32/33/34 skyline, etc and the grocery getters with a spoiler and cut front springs that were never made to handle or go fast. Kind of like pimping out your yamaha breeze...
A pimped out Yamaha Breeze?

:rofl:

~Brian

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Machy said:
hey now tiggyboot, dont get all defensive but if I had to bring something it would be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4aFfONHc_8
looks literally 100times better than what you said and sounds 100times better too!
lol, http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0307_02s+1999_nissan_skyline_gtr_r34+rear_side_view.jpg

I have no trouble with my mach and traction, it runs low 12's and I only have about $7-800 put into it :thumbsup:
The GT 40 is a bad ride, just one problem......It's a Ford that costs over $110K . We had a guy come through our service department with a Hennessey Twin Turbo Viper throwing 1100 hp to THE REAR WHEELS. It had $20K in suspension mods and it was the baddest American made ride I've seen in 15 years in the business. One problem....It's a DODGE!

:lol:

~Brian

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
A stock 700 will give a stock SRT4 run for its money on the 1/8 mile....I know. Ask them what they REALLY run in the 1/4 and if its slower than 14 flat then youl get em with yours being modded in the 1/8th mile easily. Most '04 and older 4.6 Mustang guys run slower than me at the track when mine was stock.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
Yeah that 225hp 5.0 was a barn burner, and boy did it handle.
Yeah 225 stock, once stripped, opened up and super charged your subi would not stand a chance in a drag.... Rice is rice and does not compare to a muscle car :crazy: There is no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VelociRaptor said:
A stock 700 will give a stock SRT4 run for its money on the 1/8 mile....I know. Ask them what they REALLY run in the 1/4 and if its slower than 14 flat then youl get em with yours being modded in the 1/8th mile easily. Most '04 and older 4.6 Mustang guys run slower than me at the track when mine was stock.
I would have thought the raptor would rape a srt4 neon in the 1/8, since the raptor is only 1 sec. slower in the quarter than a srt4 neon :eek:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Those ricers are missing half their engine. We all know a real car has a v8. Plus you cannot tell me a little 4 banger ricer with a 2 inch exhaust all the way back to a 18 inch tip bouncing it off the rev limiter sounds better than a 69 chevelle with the 396 and open headers and a nasty cam. If I want to hear that crap ill start up my chainsaw and cut down a tree. At least the chain saw has a purpose.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
American V8's are horrible when it comes to efficiency. If they hit half he HP/Litre of a quality european V8 they're doing well.

Personally I'd be more likely to want a euro-spec v6 over a us-spec v8 in just about anything but a pickup.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.