Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son upgraded to a 250 raptor, was trying to but a race ready one but it just didn't work out. So.... Looking to widen it out & a little bit of engine upgrade. Does anybody have the diamond j kit? He rides on nothing but motocross tracks but does not race. So i am looking to upgrade suspension & do a pipe/air fliter/jetting thats about it. No internals, want reliability. So if anybody has some parts they want to sell because they are upgrading please let me know. Thanks for any advice because i don't know alot about these yahamas, i am die-hard HONDA but they don't have a nice intermediate unit like this. Thanks Dean!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If i where you i would go with the following:
Performance: GYTR full exhaust system, GYTR intake, GYTR Jet kit, Dynatek CDI.
Body: Laeger's A-Arms and Dura Blue Axle, Motowoz suspension, Fasst Flexx Bars w/ ODI grips and maby even ASV levers, Kill switch.

I think thats the basics for the track (non-racing)

You can get everything from CTRacing http://ctracing.com/raptor_250.htm
and the GYTR stuff from almost anywhere including dealership.
Other stuff is avaliable at TQSATV.com

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I think the JD Performance a-arms look pretty cool on the 250. Fox Shocks. CT Racing makes the best pipe for the 250 I believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rappy 250

Thanks for the info! I just missed a full gytr exhaust on creigslist by one day%$#@... But please keep the info comming. I just ordered +3 +1 a-arms from jb racing but not long travel (can't afford shock right now) so if anybody has a set of aftermarket standard lenght shock that they would like to sell please let me know. I se a couple of used sets of hlr's i think is the name of them. Don't know much about them. Thanks so much for the replies!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a full race ready raptor if you want to buy it

·
Registered
161 Posts
you might check out duncan racing. they have a full exhaust k&n filter with outter wear and a jet kit for 500. youll have to notch out the airbox lid though if your gonna be getting muddy though. but i love the kit. really wakes it up a lot

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hello Dean,
JD Performance / Lone Star Racing makes nice affordable a-arms for the Raptor 250 that slide right on with no trouble to date. You'll have good luck with the overall JD/LSR setup using Motowoz suspension. We've been involved in several Raptor 250 MX build ups since they've been released. Give us a call if you have any question between M-F 10-6PM eastern time.

270-774-1982
www.kbmatv.com

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello Dean,
JD Performance / Lone Star Racing makes nice affordable a-arms for the Raptor 250 that slide right on with no trouble to date. You'll have good luck with the overall JD/LSR setup using Motowoz suspension. We've been involved in several Raptor 250 MX build ups since they've been released. Give us a call if you have any question between M-F 10-6PM eastern time.

270-774-1982
www.kbmatv.com
I wish you could like posts on here like on facebook. Ive bought from here before and they are top notch. I ordered tires and wheels and accidentally clicked the wrong tire size and they caught it, called me got me the right part! you dont service like that from denniskirk thats for dang sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the info, these forums are a life saver! I love the fact that you can talk to so many people that have gone thru thr trial & error and let you know what works. My son loves his new raptor, rides the thing 2+hrs a day. Hopfully it lasts like a honda would!!!!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Thanks so much for all the info, these forums are a life saver! I love the fact that you can talk to so many people that have gone thru thr trial & error and let you know what works. My son loves his new raptor, rides the thing 2+hrs a day. Hopfully it lasts like a honda would!!!!
It wont! :D :joke:

·
Registered
608 Posts
gusset the frame!!! first bump and its bent!!!!:mad: also will have cracked motor mounts soon if it already doesn't;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
where do you gusset the frame at? Also, where do the motor mounts crack at? The frame, or the motor?
The hole mounts crack at the back and the front ones bend at the bracket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts