Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also placed this in discussion only because i want everyone to see this so they don't get the shaft. This is the Thor SE Rig Kidney belt portion after using it for only 2 hours.They wil replace it but it is on backorder until like march 16th. BUMMED.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: Just want everyone to see tThis about Thor SE RIG -- DEFECTIVE

Did they say anything about a recall or a change in production to fix the problem?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thor is looking into it now but they say they have never expierienced this before. We shall see.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thor sucks. My buddy has their ATV boots and the latches keep breaking. They snt him 2 and said he had to pay for the rest (he has broken 6). All from regular use, no crashes or anything crazy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
what yo talking bout thor sucks? ;)

i been using their shit for a long time and its always been great quality

i put a lot more than 2hrs on my SE and there is no problems so far, we'll see

know lots of people that use the boots and helmets no probs so far

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't saying they suck just warning of the defect in this specific item. It is definately a defect. After only 2 hours of riding there is no F---g way it should be falling apart. Got the pics to prove it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have a full outfit from them with out any problems.

Hows the auction coming dr.d?

·
Registered
145 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
I wasn't saying they suck just warning of the defect in this specific item. It is definately a defect. After only 2 hours of riding there is no F---g way it should be falling apart. Got the pics to prove it.
naw i wasnt replying to you, was replying to DJG21's post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Teraflx said:
I have a full outfit from them with out any problems.

Hows the auction coming dr.d?
No bites yet. I'll make sure I let you know.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thor is sending me out a replacement belt, we shall see how this one holds up.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't have a kidney belt but I do have two helmets, three jerseys, three pants, two pairs of gloves, four pairs of boots and four goggles.....if one set gets too muddy or wet I always try to have another to put on....I have never had any problems with any of my Thor gear :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry for saying Thor sucks. That was kinda general. The boots my buddy has do suck though. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
DJG21 said:
Sorry for saying Thor sucks. That was kinda general. The boots my buddy has do suck though. Maybe it was just a bad batch.
its all good man, i totally understand, im not like hardcore thor or anything, i like the logo and so far the stuff works :)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK Here's the skinny on the replacement. The kidney belt protion of the Thor Rig SE zippers come undone while riding. I am about 5' 10" 210 but not fat so it is not that my midsection doesn't fit in it . I actually only have tight areas in the arms.
So far the review on this PRODUCT is:

- For the money I have had too many problems
- It seems to be a bad design (Kidney belt protion especially)
- The velcro straps are defective and the zippers are weak

It stands as a DO NOT BUY. Just my recommendation to save you headaches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts