Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here run a JVR in frame drag pipe? I see everyone talking duals all the time but have never seen anyone talking about the cool pipe from JVR. I have a set on Monster duals I was thinking of selling and getting the JVR pipe. It is a beautiful piece of work and would look awesome on my quad.
If you have any suggestions or opinions please chime in, I like to hear from others.

·
Registered
560 Posts
check out the new pipe Preddy08 just threw on in favor over the duals because of fitment problems with his frame being gusseted. He went with a JSR pipe and it looks like a nice piece, huge head pipes and collector. My buddy runs the XX6 Sparks 2.5 core and Im running the 2.25 big core Sparks, both great singles!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
a "drag pipe" is not what your motor will like by any means right now if the mods in your signature are current///

a drag pipe/pipes will actually LOSE power on your build.... wait till u have HIGH compression, big cam, BIG 50+ mm tb and good head porting.... then the motor will need the reduced back pressure and pulse tuning of a drag pipe and then u will see gains of not just noise

around the 75 hp range is when u start seeing gains

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. DL700, yes, I understand that my motor is not yet ready for a drag pipe. I hope to change that very soon.
My target is right around 75 HP and was thinking of a 5mm stroke, 105 bore +3 TB, Cam (undecided), +2 valves on a Racers Edge port job, and a ignition module from you.
Would you like to comment on cam selection and give any additional directions on my build to get to 75 hp?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
75 hp is VERY easy with the right head , cam bore and throttle body

The RE +2 head is a VERY GOOD performing piece.... get it setup for a 54mm throttle body (which we sell)...cam selection is dependant on what compression u go with and rider weight

for high compression motors we sell the WEb 4, on the lower compression motors or builds with heavier riders we HIGHLY recommend our custom grind HDD5050 cam, which gives the motor a huge jump in torque throughout the low and mid range with extra quick throttle response while retaining great top end and overrev

we've done quite a few big bore 727-734 cc builds that make 75-85 here with the following
Big bore low or high compression
+2 head CUERVO RACING, RE, KENZ
HDD5050 or web 4
54mm throttle body kit with pink injector
programmable ignition /cust curves
duals inframe, DMC FORCE 4, MONSTER, BARKER
pc3/5

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can get 75-85 on a 727/734 motor, am I wasting my money on splitting cases and a crank?
I am a 6'4 rider at 230 lbs. 99% of my riding is at the dunes (glamis) so I want a motor that will pull me up the hill with a smile.
What compression would I run if I go the HDD5050 cam verses compression with a WEB4?

Thanks for the time help me out.
If I get a min today, I will try and give you a call.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
the 5050 cam can be ran with 10-14 compression where the WEB 4 we only recommend for use with 12.5-14

a 727/734 pump gas duner with the 5050 cam has enough snap and power to make u tired for the weekend after 1 tank of gas...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"a 727/734 pump gas duner with the 5050 cam has enough snap and power to make u tired for the weekend after 1 tank of gas... "

Now that makes me smile. Probably wish I had gone with a +6 swingarm as well.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
"a 727/734 pump gas duner with the 5050 cam has enough snap and power to make u tired for the weekend after 1 tank of gas... "

Now that makes me smile. Probably wish I had gone with a +6 swingarm as well.
IMo a +4 makes it a perfect duner setup with this power level making it wheelie on command and still turn on a dime....launching off the line at the hill takes some rider effort and throttle control...

·
Registered
839 Posts
75 hp is VERY easy with the right head , cam bore and throttle body

The RE +2 head is a VERY GOOD performing piece.... get it setup for a 54mm throttle body (which we sell)...cam selection is dependant on what compression u go with and rider weight

for high compression motors we sell the WEb 4, on the lower compression motors or builds with heavier riders we HIGHLY recommend our custom grind HDD5050 cam, which gives the motor a huge jump in torque throughout the low and mid range with extra quick throttle response while retaining great top end and overrev

we've done quite a few big bore 727-734 cc builds that make 75-85 here with the following
Big bore low or high compression
+2 head CUERVO RACING, RE, KENZ
HDD5050 or web 4
54mm throttle body kit with pink injector
programmable ignition /cust curves
duals inframe, DMC FORCE 4, MONSTER, BARKER
pc3/5
What makes the 10hp difference? Thats a bunch. Just courious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts