Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know much about these? will it make an improvement? will i need to jet? i dont want to run open as i live in FL and i see alot of water/mud.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you do anything to the air box on the 660, you will need to rejet. I tell you from experience. I cut the top of my lid off and went up on the jetting and was still lean. I then put a stock air-box lid on though I had a small hole in the side of my air box, went back to stock jetting and was still lean. The air-box is so resrtricted that the first time you put a hole or anything in it, it let's so much more air in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My bike has an M4 slip on and its rejetted without a lid. I just ordered a stock lid for the sucker cuz it still runs lean. My old 02 with index drilled mains, glasspack car muffler, and full airbox would outrun this thing...people don't know what they are doing! haha

·
Registered
735 Posts
ever thought about running just the lid as the filter? Does it filter as well as the replacement filter? I'd buy it if it could be run like that. Huge airflow improvements huh!?!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I think those are 80-120 bucks for the filter-lid and another 45-140 for the filter itself +/- a filter adaptor.

If your airbox lid shows signs of dirt or wetness after a typical ride then you may want to look into it, but if it's clean and try you might try running without the lid altogether.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know the last time i was at croom all was pretty dry and we found the one spot that didnt let us get across. as you can see.

i dont want to run with the lid off cause we always see mud and water around here especially durring hurricane season. i want to do some minor mods like K&N jetting and exhaust (down the road)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If crossings like that are common place, I'd leave the lid intact. Maybe remove the snorkel.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
danos660r said:
could that lid be used as a replacement for the filter all-together?
No, because it's not an airtight seal and air can also enter through the drain opening in the bottom.

·
Registered
735 Posts
seems like a waste of money then...whats the use of filter material if it isnt a tight fit....ill stick with outterwears

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts