Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought my quad with a K&N air filter installed already, not sure if it has a intake adapter, can you mount a K&N air filter without a intake adapter to the OEM intake?

this is the filter btw:

Ignore the ignition, PCV setting are fixed now..

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Well I think the "big 3" is with an actual intake not just a filter. I could be wrong but thats what I would assume. I'd be interested to see what I would gain with a full intake over just the K&N. I dyned 44.3whp with just the filter and exhaust so I would think there would be a few whp to be gained with an intake.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well then, is there any site offering the intake only? without the filter itself? cant seem to find one..

·
Registered
951 Posts
You need to just try and sell that setup and get a fci intake. It will come with a new filter and outerwear. It will be alot bigger than the one you have now. You will not be able to find a intake that is worth a crap that will fit the filter you have now.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
not crazy but i think ur on the right track, its a PRO-FLOW or PRO-DESIGN billet intake adapter with a K&N filter and outerware. K&N byitself is not good enough for dusty/dirty outdoor conditions so make sure you get an outerware. the FCI intake is a complete replacemnt. airbox, intake tube, BIG filter (more ply than K&N), and outerware. it runs about 300 bucks with the air box.

you can prob find a intake adapter on the forums in the forsale sections super cheap.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
From the vid it looks like you do have the adapter. Just take the filter off and look where it hooks to.. The stock adapter is black plastic, typically the aftermarket ones are aluminum. Also, the inner diameter of the filter mouth is 2.5" stock and 3.5"+ aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts