Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
You could run it w/o the dobeck, but just to make sure you're not running lean, i'd buy one. Pull you spark arrestor then tune with the dobeck. You'll make a lot more power out of your bike than with just the intake and lid off. The safe bet is get the doebeck or pc3 whenever your modding any thing that flows air.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Look into Power commander 3 too. Do your research on both to see whicj one meets your needs.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I would say with almost 100% certainty you NEED a controller with those mods. Mine ran a tad bit on the lean side from the factory. I took just the sparky out and it ran really lean and popped.

...do you still have the backfire screen in the intake? (little mesh cone)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HEY 135 boom......i don't have the little mesh cone in it.....i have a complete K&N filter setup with the billet intake ......i plan on getting a doebeck with a yoshi pipe.......I just want to do abit of an upgrade. Even though thats how everyone starts with little upgrades then you keep upgrading and upgrading...i kinda just want to do and upgrade that i only need to adjust once. thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MiamiRaptor700R said:
HEY 135 boom......i don't have the little mesh cone in it.....i have a complete K&N filter setup with the billet intake ......i plan on getting a doebeck with a yoshi pipe.......I just want to do abit of an upgrade. Even though thats how everyone starts with little upgrades then you keep upgrading and upgrading...i kinda just want to do and upgrade that i only need to adjust once. thanks for the help
thats the only thing that kind a sucks about these quads, is its hard to do any upgrades safely without a controller.
I think you DEFINATELY need a controller ASAP, as I know you are running lean...which is not good!

Instead of the days of buying a couple bucks of jets to suit your upgrade, we have to buy an expensive controller. BUT, once you have it your all set!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts