Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welllllll today took the bike out for a good ride with the new tires and finally being broke in. Crossed a usual creek road for a bit then heading in I went to cross the creek and saw a different path that looked much shallower. Nothing but floating sand.....cut the bike off before it hit the water to save the motor. The entire bike up to the bars was facing upwards under water, when I got it out checked the oil....perfect brand new....popped the seat off and opened the air box to find it completely full of water. I removed the drain plug and it drained out took my shirt and cleaned the hell out of the box and then remembered SHIT! My K&N! Picked it up off my jacket (soaked) behind me removed the outerwears and was like wtf?? Not a bit of water got to it....3-5 mins of complete submersion and not a drop.

Needless to say I'm very happy with the K&N filters/outwears for I guess I could say the "worst" possible water conditions. Wouldnt ever go back to a foam filter again.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I am so jealous! I wish I could ride...I'm tired of the utility quad :( I think I'm going into a deep state of depression :'( :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wickmaster said:
Thats one hell of a test. I am glad I have one. HAHAHA
Your telling me..... I still can not believe it didnt even get wet.'

RT get that thing finished already and head to texas so we can race! That I'm sure would be enough motivation to do my full build a.s.a.p.!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
texas sounds good right now (where its warm at anyways)...ohio is freezing! especially by cleveland...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
05white660 said:
rt said:
texas sounds good right now (where its warm at anyways)...ohio is freezing! especially by cleveland...

<---- texas here, it was a chilly today but not to bad. It was my first day out with the Raptor. Just bought it about a week ago
chilly to us is summer to most of these guys :lol:.... I think it was 54 out today but cloudy.

Where are you located at man? Tomball/Spring, texas here<

·
Registered
19 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
05white660 said:
rt said:

<---- texas here, it was a chilly today but not to bad. It was my first day out with the Raptor. Just bought it about a week ago
chilly to us is summer to most of these guys :lol:.... I think it was 54 out today but cloudy.

Where are you located at man? Tomball/Spring, texas here<

DFW area, yea it was in he 50's for alittle bit today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.