Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a outerwears pre charger kit for my K&n air filter and wondered what it does to help. I hear it keeps dirt water and mud off my airfilter, does this mean I can run without an airbox lid through water and it won't effect my bike?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I do and i havent ever had a problem. =)

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I bought a outerwears pre charger kit for my K&n air filter and wondered what it does to help. I hear it keeps dirt water and mud off my airfilter, does this mean I can run without an airbox lid through water and it won't effect my bike?
It keeps mud and water off your filter to an extent, but that doesn't mean that if you go out and submerge your Raptor that the outerwear is going to prevent water from getting into the filter. I don't think that's what you meant by your question, but I just wanted to clarify, otherwise someone will try it and be upset when they mess their bike up, lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know what your saying cdg haha, but say i just ride some trails and hit a few mud holes (nothing real bad) and get some mud and water on my filter, will the pre charger keep that stuff off?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
You should be good to go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal, thnx!

·
VIP
1,064 Posts
You can remove your lid if you have a K&N clamp on filter with the billet adapter. If you have a stock replacement drop in K&N filter the lid is what holds the filter in place.

If you do have a clamp on filter and remove your lid, you must re-jet the carbs or it will run too lean.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have the whole k&n intake with the clamps but if i run my lid off i have to compleatly rejet my bike? :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats a good jet kit to get?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Most people agree the vitos jet kit is the best. It will run way better without the lid. =)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright thnx, will running my lid and the outerwears mess up anything?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts