Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my kn off of ebay for my adaptor. If u look on ebay u shuld see the adaptor and the filters they sell with the k&n numbers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rocky mountanatvmc has thim also hope thats helps if not look for replacement k&n for ure pro design Adaptor for ure atv

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I find is crap like PD234A for the filter number. I'm looking for the exact K&N Part number as these are usually cheaper.

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
If you have the Pro Design billet adaptor, your inside diameter should be 3 1/2".

I looked over and measured the filter from my Pro Design kit and came up with this filter for you directly from the K&N site.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RU-3130

The part number molded into the rubber cap on mine is the same part number you can see in this pic (3rd one on the page) where it shows the top of the filter.

You need to zoom your screen a little bit, but you can see the number is B034A6, which is what my filter is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ones round ones oblong. No clue why. Mine is oblong and was in it when i bought the atv. Hope one of thes will work for u. Round will probly b a little cheaper to buy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you all are awesome with the replies and pics.

The adapter should be in tomorrow, so I'll definitely wait to make sure of the opening diameter.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
53 Posts
No problem. I have one more pick of opening size with a tape next to it. My addaptor sed 3" but filter openings larger

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Idk. Its a perfect Fit on the adaptor. Clears the air box and all. Un less i have a larger adaptor on mine

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Idk. Its a perfect Fit on the adaptor. Clears the air box and all. Un less i have a larger adaptor on mine
Yours is definitely a Banshee filter. It has an oval end cap and the front flange is oval as well. The inner diameter is 3.625" across and I'm sure if you squeeze it from it's oval shape to make it round it will fit your adaptor.

This is a pic of the Banshee filter which matches the shape and the numbers on the end cap of your filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I meserd the inside and its like 3 5/8 round hole so maby i have a diferent adaptor.it a tight fit on the adaptor. I tryed to take a photo of it the best i could.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked up the Pro Design adapter from ebay($25, new) if the K&N RU-3130 is the right match, it looks like I can get that for $35. Hard to beat that total price!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess that one was cheaper or maby instock and thats y he had it in there.thanks for letting me know. I gess when i need to finaly replace it they all whare out at some point ill have to check both out and see which one i like. It dose serprisinly hold the round shape verry well.do u think one would be better then the other.or sence there about the same filtering size and both k&n there about the same. Just wondering if ones $10 cheaper just to get that one ?

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
I guess that one was cheaper or maby instock and thats y he had it in there.thanks for letting me know. I gess when i need to finaly replace it they all whare out at some point ill have to check both out and see which one i like. It dose serprisinly hold the round shape verry well.do u think one would be better then the other.or sence there about the same filtering size and both k&n there about the same. Just wondering if ones $10 cheaper just to get that one ?
If it seals completely to your billet adaptor I would just continue using it.Just make sure no dust can get by the flange.

You still have plenty of surface area on the filter, so it should perform the same as the correct one. If you do keep it, I would purchase an Outerwear which helps keep the filter cleaner and you do not have to re-charge it as often.

Outerwear for Banshee filter.

K&N#YA-3502PK

·
Registered
53 Posts
It go's on all the way to the adaptor and when i look at the filter it has a clear ring all the way around the inside from being clamped down. U can see whare the adaptor ends inside the filter with it off. And i have a k&n pre filter just took it off for the picks. But deff if u buy a good filter u shuld have a pre filter on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
And the pre filter is deff for a 700 filter its not as coned it but still fits good and its nice and tight at the elastic part to about 3" down. Lol i guess at some point it had the right one in it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts