Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my dealer gave me a list of 'area' places to ride... Perry Lake, KS... Columbia, Clinton, St. Louis MO. Everything is a minimum of an hour and a half drive for me. Does anyone know of any place around the city to play? I don't need vast trails or anything... was just hoping for a place somewhat close to play for a couple hours and get some time on my new bike...

I have searched the web and there are threads about places opening up and such, but they are usually a couple years old with no follow-ups... anyone?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I feel for ya man. I am basically in the same boat. The closest thing i have is in Columbia and it is still about an hour away. You might keep trying i know there are a few guys from KC area on here and they might have some private land that you can ride along with them. Depending on what part of KC area you from clinton isn't too bad of a drive i enjoyed it when i went down there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the same problem. Perry and deep water usaully have deep ruts and a lot of mud. There is a place to ride in Osawatoime but it is on a farm have to know someone to ride there. Some people ride beside the river in Eudoura don't know how legal it is? I ride on some farmland near my house but most of the land has been bought by the railroad.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the impression that Deepwater had some fairly smooth open trails to ride on... don't know that I'm ready to take my new bike there and load it down going through ruts and mud... anyone been there recently?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ya i am not a fan of deepwater..... i do like Finger lakes tho....
A group of my friends are heading to Oklahoma to the sand dunes in march.... Anybody else interested in meeting us up there? we are going either the 2nd weekend or 3rd weekend in march... just depends on the weather...

Plattner

·
Registered
689 Posts
I had heard alot of bad stuff about deepwater. Basically it is real muddy, rutted up etc. I really didn't find it that bad at all. Sure there where pits that you could tell " i got no business going in that." But i ripped around for about 4 hours and had a good time. I didn't get real stupid i was down there by myself and only a couple of other people down there. I will be honest i liked the trails better than at finger lakes. But I think you have more variety down in finger lakes. You got hills, trails, MX track etc. But riding along the lake in Deepwater was really nice. Plattner you guys going to Oklamhomo?

·
Registered
815 Posts
yes sir we are heading to oklahoma.... you going to be able to get some guys together ? ?
we are either going the 2nd weekend or 3rd weekend of march.... just depends on the weather...
If you get some guys to go, let me know and we can all follow each other.... we are going to leave on a friday mornign about 6 am, that will get us there after noon.... and then head home on sunday arnd noon.
I started a thread in rider meet/locations.... asking for other ppl to meet us there....

Plattner

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well i think we have finally decided on a time to head to Oklahomo. As it stans now we are going down the first weekend in June. Sux to have to wait but it is the first weekend we don't have somthing going on. Anyone been down to fingure lakes lately? I went down last week and jesus it was muddy but ALOT of fun if you like that sorta thing. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
815 Posts
AJ - havent been to finger lakes lately.... My trip to Oklahoma fell threw... my best bud that was one of thes guys going with me (rides a suzuki z400)... messed up his engine BAD this weekend.... so we are postpoing our trip to the dunes for a couple weeks....
Me and another friend are heading to deep water or finger lakes this upcoming sunday... the 11th (i think).... whats your plans.... we need to meet up and ride...

Plattner

·
Registered
689 Posts
That sucks about your buddy's quad, and the trip. Did he blow it up trying to keep up with you? LOL I usually ride least once a week. I am heading up north monday the 5th and will probaly ride up there monday and tues. I believe the weekend of the 11th i am going to the in-laws house that weekend. I suppose your in class on mondays and tuesdays. Thats when i am able to do most of my riding till it starts starying daylight longer. Once summer gets around and it stays dayllight till late evening i will be able to ride just about everyday. I am wishing it would dry out some, i like the mud just hate all the clean up. If you guys are not able to get to the dunes soon and wanna go at the end of march and begining of june let me know. That is when we are planning on going. Let me know about sunday, i might just leave my quad loaded up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.