Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had a chance to race one yet? I see a lot of people saying how slow it is and how dissapointed they are so anyone raced? Seen one post about it, but can't find it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Talked to a few guys into mx about new quad.Rumor has it the 450 motor in the kawi bikes needs timing chain changes after 1 or 2 races .Don't know if they changed quad motor any.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I rode one and I liked it! hell its pretty fast but im used to the raptor. I got spanked by it but I liked the feel of it better than the YFZ.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My friend got his about a month ago. It is quick and torquey but as was said i'm used to the rappy-big and powerful. In several drag races against him, I would jump out about 2 bike lengths and gain another with each gear. :lol: top speed, like most other bikes, is not even comparable to the raptor. I think he is a little disapointed with his purchase cause i almost had him talked into a raptor at one point. It is, though, a very trick, very light, well built bike that prolly has a lot of potential like the yfz, which is exactly what it felt like riding it. Very hard, uncomfortable seat too. :crazy:
With every new bike that comes out, it still seems that the rappy reigns supreme as a do it all qwad. My next bike is going to be another 700- no question :grin_nod:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I haven't had the chance to ride one yet but they sure look raw in person. I kinda can'twait to see what the new banshee is going to be like, if it is indeed the same motor they put in the phazer sleds "yikes"! You can easily get those buggers ( sleds ) tuned to right around a hundo horse even. That oughta put a smile on a few faces.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
A new banshee is still a pipe dream, no matter how many times Dirtwheels publishes it as their april fool's joke. :( I don't expect to see it in this decade. Unless the Raptor gets a lot bigger I think a banshee 500 would just cannibalize Raptor sales and therefore would be a poor move for Yamaha in the current climate.

The 700 is a great bike and IMO probably the best choice for anyone who plans on recreational riding. It's a close rival with the bomb as the all out powerhouse, straight-line, single cyl thumper and it seems to do a good job at the gncc tracks as well.

That said the lighter and more nimble bikes will always be the choice of the vast majority of dedicated racers. As far as 450's go I'm anxious to see and ride a KFX. They have most of the goodies the old c-dales used to have but with a major name behind it. Plus it has reverse, which means I think I'm going to see a whole lot of these out on the trail. Until EFI comes to the yfz the KFX is easily my 450 choice.

Of course if had 6-8k lying around there'd be a 700 in my stable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts