Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Machy said:
not as fugly as the outlaw but fugly.....stance looks to be narrow
46" even, .1 less than the yfz and raptor 700.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kds6_10_05jmd said:
i think the yfz will prob be fuel injected next year now
I was hoping that after the LTR came out, got my fingers crossed again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
i dont think its bad lookin, just dont like kaws at all.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
socki18 said:
i dont think its bad lookin, just dont like kaws at all.
Kawi hasn't made a sport quad for two decades, how can you be prejudiced against them already? Bad experience with a tecate? Or something from the bike world?

Tecate and KX500 were the fastest of their times and reasonably reliable.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think it looks awesome, esp. in the black. they need to come out with an orange one also. anyone notice how the yfz, ltr, and the kfx450r pretty have the same design with the plastics? i think honda's been good about keeping a different design than the others.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Maddog, half these guys weren't even born when the Tecate was made.

:lol:

I owned the Tecate (Three and four wheeled versions). They were FAST bikes, and had sweet body lines. Back in the mid 80's Kawasaki's Tecate was far superior to Yamaha Tri-Z. The Tri-Z was light in the front, and lacked the punch of the 250R and the Tecate had. Yamaha didn't get into the game until the Banshee arrived, and when they did they set the bar.

Like Maddog said, Kawasaki hasn't totally produced a sport quad in twenty years (even counting the Mojave). I still think the Suzuki 450 is the baddest straight out of the box, with the YFZ being second due to no fuel injection. The Kawasaki is three inches narrower than the Suzuki, and is virtually the same as the YFZ.

The optional black bike looks pretty sweet on the Kawasaki!

~Brian

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Flynbyu said:
Maddog, half these guys weren't even born when the Tecate was made.

:lol:

I owned the Tecate (Three and four wheeled versions). They were FAST bikes, and had sweet body lines. Back in the mid 80's Kawasaki's Tecate was far superior to Yamaha Tri-Z. The Tri-Z was light in the front, and lacked the punch of the 250R and the Tecate had. Yamaha didn't get into the game until the Banshee arrived, and when they did they set the bar.

Like Maddog said, Kawasaki hasn't totally produced a sport quad in twenty years (even counting the Mojave). I still think the Suzuki 450 is the baddest straight out of the box, with the YFZ being second due to no fuel injection. The Kawasaki is three inches narrower than the Suzuki, and is virtually the same as the YFZ.

The optional black bike looks pretty sweet on the Kawasaki!

~Brian
I don't know... Coming from an owner of both a Tri-Z, a 250r, and a 250x... dont have much info on the tecate... But the Tri-z was an amazing machine.. that thing was quick as hell.. I'll have to see if I can dig up some old pics :)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Maddog56 said:
Expensive???

Raptor 700
$7,199 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2006
$7,199 (Gray) Available from July 2006
$7,749 (White) Available from August 2006
$7,649 (White/Blue) Available from January 2007
$7,649 (Orange/Black) Available from August 2006

YFZ 450
$6,999 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2006
$6,999 (Gray) Available from July 2006
$7,599 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from August 2006
$7,449 (Black/Carbon Flames) Available from January 2007
$7,449 (White/Red Carbon Flames) Available from August 2006

KFX 450R
$7,399 (Green/Black)
$7,399 (White/Black)
$7,599 (Black)

Looks about the same to me, and seeing that it is a 450 there is more competition in pricing than the 700, so they will be more willing to budge off MSRP.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i like the way it looks

not sure what kw were trying to do though, if it is a race quad then it shouldnt have a reverse gear, but whatev im not planning on buying any quads for a few more years

1 - 20 of 31 Posts