Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up? I am wanting to do a few mods on my 03 rappy. Bought it a month ago, replaced the rear bearing carrier, added trailtech HID's, L&L one way, renthal bars, and studded the tires. I am looking at a weisco 11:1 piston kit with a stage one cam. I have a jet kit in it right now to handle the K&N filter with 2 holes cut in the air box. The stock muffler is gutted and welded back together, I got a yoshi rs-3 full stainless on order. 1st question, is the muffler being gutted a good thing or bad for the valves? I am burning some oil and just curious about it. 2nd question Will I need to rejet again after the piston and stage one cam with the yoshi exhaust? 3rd question what type of fuel will I need to run? premium i think is 91 or 92 octane 4th question Is penzoil platinum 5w30 alright for my rappy or should I stick with the amsoil? I know it's alot to ask but as it say below my name I'm a newbie and could use a bit of help here. thanks a bunch

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
h0tr0d18 said:
What's up? I am wanting to do a few mods on my 03 rappy. Bought it a month ago, replaced the rear bearing carrier, added trailtech HID's, L&L one way, renthal bars, and studded the tires. I am looking at a weisco 11:1 piston kit with a stage one cam. I have a jet kit in it right now to handle the K&N filter with 2 holes cut in the air box. The stock muffler is gutted and welded back together, I got a yoshi rs-3 full stainless on order. 1st question, is the muffler being gutted a good thing or bad for the valves? I am burning some oil and just curious about it. 2nd question Will I need to rejet again after the piston and stage one cam with the yoshi exhaust? 3rd question what type of fuel will I need to run? premium i think is 91 or 92 octane 4th question Is penzoil platinum 5w30 alright for my rappy or should I stick with the amsoil? I know it's alot to ask but as it say below my name I'm a newbie and could use a bit of help here. thanks a bunch
1 - will be fine, no problems for the valves. probably won't make as much power as a full system but its not going to hurt the motor
2 - yes but probably just one size up on the ains with everything else the same
3 - premium unleaded
4 - stick with the amsoil, I run the full synthetic rotellat-t 5-40 in mine but thats just me, there are many brands of quality oil out there.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. After doing some research I have decided to go with the ct racing sonic pipe and headers, found one in stock close to me. Just one thing the jet kit is missing the needles, I was told by the parts guy that the dynojet kit I have now is basically the same needles. what ya think? I am getting around $140 off cost of pipe set due to the needles beeing A-wall. Again I appreciate all your help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Back waaaay in tha day when I ordered the CT kit, CT sent me a set of stock needles. I ended up buying the gyt-r jet kit, glad I bought the jet kit because I continued to mod the motor and used the kit for a couple of years until I switched to 39s.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So there isn't anything special about the "titanium" needles. What about the needles that are in the bike already, from the dynojet kit? I am just a bit of a weekend warrior and want to get the most out of my bike. More so I should say I want to get the most out of the cash I am spendin, $4200 for the rappy and another $400 to rebuild the rearend, $400 for the trailtech HID's, $190 ish for th L&L one way, $750 for the ct sonic, and another $400 or $500 for the stage one cam and 11:1 piston roughly $6500 ish. I'd like to make the most of it. This thing is costin me about as much as mu 93 chev 4x4.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I'm sure the needle I was supposed to get were different from what I did get.

Any jet kit that has a more aggressivly tapered needle will work fine.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool!! 8) thanks alot. Now the work starts, I'll let ya know what I think of the ct sonic. Should get it this weekend and install monday night at work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts