Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am going to put a Keihin PE28 carb on the 125. I noticed that HMF sells a carb kit for about $220 (carb plus a custom throttle cable). I also noticed that I can buy a used carb off ebay for about $75.

If I buy a used carb, do I really need the "custom" cable or will the stock throttle cable work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just bought a used Keihin PE 28mm carb off the blaster forums for my blaster. It came with a cable all ready. Looks like it will mount right up to the stock throttle assembly. I guess it depends on who you buy it off of and what previous bike it came off of. What do you mean by this HMF carb kit? Link?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi tsa250,

The raptor 125 oem carb has side mount throttle linkage and the PE-28MM carb is top mount linkage. When mounting the PE carb it is nessessary to purchase a cable due to the clearance issue between the top of the carb and the bottom of the gas tank. Aftermarket cable will have a 90 degree bend on the carb side, this will enable you to somewhat clear the gas tank. You may still have to add 1/4" spacer under the rear of the tank.

The differance between the HMF carb and an ebay carb is set-up. HMF carb already comes with correct, needle, slide, pilot and main.

HMF carb comes with the following
Main - 145
Pilot - 35 or 38
slide - #4 cut out - works well
needle - jjj

OEM carb comes with
Main - 125
Pilot - 42
slide - #2 cut out - (runs rich off idle)
needle - I forget, but not jjj

I guess I'm trying to say is ebay carb may be cheeper, but you will end up spending more in the long run.

I will post later the correct cable number to work with the raptor throttle and PE 28 MM carb.

Hope this helps,;)
Thanks,
Precision MoorWorx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I think I will just go with the HMF...

We have a Motion Pro twist throttle on the bike, so I will call Motion Pro for a custom cable. I'm sure they can set me up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good info Jason. I was wondering the same thing.
Motion Pro built me a custom cable to work with a pe 26 and a honda throttle. Give them a shout it work's dang good over stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey,

If anyone needs it, correct cable # that works with PE 28MM carb and raptor 125 throttle.

Motion Pro # 01-0647 (univeral cable)

Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
is there something wrong with the stock carb? me and my wife just picked a 250 and a 125 up today.... the 125 was idling crazy let off throttle and it would idle down then idle up... rode it for a couple hours seemed to work itself out of it... kids are loving them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed the pe28 on the bike. I noticed that it does not fit as well as the stock carb. Any suggestions on how to snug it up? Different rubber manifold flange?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put the stage 3 hmf kit on my raptor. comes with piston,cam and pe 28 carb. I also put full HMF exhaust. The carb is suppose to be ready to go but my bike wont even run right. Hmf told me I cannot run the airbox lid. The spacers they sent for the tank werent big enough, ended up making my own.I asked them about how loose the carb is , they told me to take them spacers out of the clamps and it will work. If you get your 125 jetted right please repost and let me know. Mine will not run right at all unless Im wide open...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey awesome450' I just worked out the jetting on my 125. Have been working with jason on this and this is where i ende up. I have hi flow air filter,hmf complete exaust and pe28 carb
stock needle on#2 for the top
main jet 128
slow jet #35
pump gas and stock head no mods yet!!
I live in middle tenn. hope this helps jason is big help with this engine!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
No air box lid. Carb makes big difference starts better and runs better. We got a carb from ebay and had to do little work on the slide but works great. It had a little stumble just off idle and had to open up the air flow just a little and I mean very little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Mowgrass,

I know its been a longtime but kids are still racing these bikes and theres no info any more nor is the kits available any more... I have all the parts, and the last detail is what the MOD is to the PE28. apparently you know what the mod is or knew what to do... Can you advise?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts