Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they any good? looking for a tire that will do good in snow,and in spring/summer. what can i find that'll fit the stock Raptor 660 wheels? links would be very helpfull. thanks all

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't have the bearclaws personally, but my buddy has them on his blaster. They are extremely puncture resistant, but have huge lugs that are really soft and grip awesome. They are sweet tires for trail riding. I think the smallest they come are 22" so you would prob. want to run a 12t sprocket up front.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
:useless:motosport.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
link is not working but go to motosport.com and look up Kenda kutter 20-11-9

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i have mudlites on the rear. they are kick ass tires. i got 20x11x9 and wish i would have went with 22x11x9. you wont be dissapointed with the ITP's

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
+1 on the mudlites.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
are they any good? looking for a tire that will do good in snow,and in spring/summer. what can i find that'll fit the stock Raptor 660 wheels? links would be very helpfull. thanks all
Before making tire recommendations you need to describe what type of riding you plan on doing. GNCC, Harescramble racing, drags, MX, up and down county roads, barn yards and fields or farting around in mud holes all day.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have the Kenda Bearclaws.

They are 6 ply, so they are stiff and heavy. In fact you can almost run them with no air in them and they stay "inflated"

They are great in mud and wear like iron and don't puncture easily.

You won't win any races with these but they will help you in the rough terrain.

Only had them in the snow once and they did okay but I haven't done much snow riding so I really can't compare them to other tires in that area.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I run them on mine on muddy days. That is pretty much what they are good for. They are VERY heavy tires for a sport quad. I put my GNCC's back on and it feels like I gained 10 hp.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i run them on my blaster and they do great in the mud but not as well on dry dirt. never can tell when you have a mudhole to go through where i ride. very puncture resistant and last forever.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
BearClaws would not be my first choice on a Raptor. Research ITP Trac Stars you wont lose the fun factor of having a sport bike and you'll have plenty of traction when needed. Mud tires will just kill your clutch and add a lot of rotating weight if your going through mud you should not have purchased a Raptor.. The ground clearance alone will hang you up..

Take Care!!
www.kbmatv.com

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
I would go with GNCC's holeshots before going with trac stars for trail/mud/snow.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
If you tried both back to back you wouldn't state the same statement. :)
Funny you should say that my next door neighbor's son has a 700 Raptor too(witch his father blames me for , being a bad Influence on him :rolleyes: )
He got the Track Stars and the only thing the Track Star beat the GNCC's in is they ride a hair smoother IMO. He even said his next set is the GNCC's.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Two things... First off in the winter you need winter tires. 4snow or Powermad are both good choices. They work awesome in the summer too, but they are a bit fragile being 2ply. They are the best wheelie tires IMHO and also, EVERYONE that drags and does winter racing here uses them. The Powermad are nice cause they can easily be studded (with automotive-style studs). The good thing about both of these tires is that they are bone cheap, so if you get a significant amount of snow in your area, there is no valid reason to not use these, you won't find any better.

As for the GNCC's, they are useless in anything slippery, especially snow/ice. I tried them this summer after everyone here told me they were the best thing on earth and I wasn't impressed by their traction, it's very hard to wheelie with them, all they do is spin!!! They also wore REALLY fast... They do have very good control though when drifting and they have held pretty well to punctures and such.

I'm trying something else next year, not sure what. Something that grips better for sure, guessing with more threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the replys guys. i guess i wont be trying any of those anytime real soon. i just picked up a set of Realter pure sport tires,kinda like a paddle type tire,a dirt/sand cross over tire. got em dirt cheap,so im gonna try em.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts