Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Those are more than likely going to be the next tire I put on my bike, when my Kenda Knarlys wear out. Not only do they look sweet, but I've heard a lot of great things about them. Price is pretty darn good too, especially when compared to the ITP and Maxxis.

·
Registered
749 Posts
love my klaws. i've had the knarlys as well too, along with various other brands over the years on different quads. bought my 660 with klaws and then bought another set for my 700. wear is great and have no complaints.

they are extremely popular all over the internet for different quads, so don't be worried about getting them.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
love my klaws. i've had the knarlys as well too, along with various other brands over the years on different quads. bought my 660 with klaws and then bought another set for my 700. wear is great and have no complaints.

they are extremely popular all over the internet for different quads, so don't be worried about getting them.
Boom goes the dynamite! Lol I knew you would be dropping your review on here sooner or later!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
My cousins have them, they work good on hard packed terrain. I have the kutter xc and they work better for the looser stuff. Kenda makes great tires so you won't have to worry about them.

·
Registered
749 Posts
lol that's right. def had to throw my opinion out there since my friend paid big bucks for holeshots (forget what specific kind) and they wore terrible!! no complaints with any of my kenda tires.

700scott, how are the kutters wearing? i was eyeing those up as another option when i need to buy tires. i'm sure we ride in the same type of terrain as well, so your opinion would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
My cousin went from hole shots to the klaws and likes them better. Raptorgirl the kutters wear good. After almost a year they look like their new. The front of the knobs have rounded a little but not much.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Klaws have the option of changing the direction based on the terrain you are riding in. If you are riding in soft(er) terrain, you ride with them facing one direction, and if you are riding in hard(er) terrain, you face them the other direction. Seems pretty nice to me, like you are getting a great all-around tire for a great price. The Kutters do like nice as well. I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I am not sure what the price is for the Kutter, so I guess the better question is, what fits your budget better? Both tires will come in the 6 ply option I'm sure, so that isn't the issue.

·
Registered
229 Posts
got the Klaws on my 350. They work well and the reversing feature i Like allot. think i paid 78 each at motosport. The fronts seem to work well too. Rubber is a little softer than i would like but others said they will outlast the holeshots - well see. also sliding predictability is good can even get them to slide on dry concrete.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Im thinkin bout bearklaws when my realtors run out unless i find another set of realtors
I have the 22x12x9 bear klaws as my 2nd set and they work great for mud and snow. For the trail there a little rough.

If I'm not mistaken, the Klaws have the option of changing the direction based on the terrain you are riding in. If you are riding in soft(er) terrain, you ride with them facing one direction, and if you are riding in hard(er) terrain, you face them the other direction. Seems pretty nice to me, like you are getting a great all-around tire for a great price. The Kutters do like nice as well. I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I am not sure what the price is for the Kutter, so I guess the better question is, what fits your budget better? Both tires will come in the 6 ply option I'm sure, so that isn't the issue.
I don't think reversing them will make that much of a difference with soft terrain. You need something with bigger lungs that are spaced a little farther apart like kutters to make more of a difference.

I do a ton of trail riding. Which, in my area, consists of rocks, roots, mud, soft sand, and packed sand. Which ones do you think would better suit my riding? Klaws or kutters?
I think the kutters maybe a little better. The klaws will still do a good job. On hard surfaces I'll just spin with the kutters so that's the only down fall of them. Both are 6 ply and we havn't had a flat last year hopefully this year will be the same (knock on wood). I went with razr2 front tires and I love them, I think when or if the kutters wear out I'll try the razr2 rears not because i'm not happer with the kutters but maybe the razr2 will do a better job.

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
Realtors are ruff too from what i remember on my 300ex but on the 660 i dont even notice the ruffness or how heavy they are

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
got the Klaws on my 350. They work well and the reversing feature i Like allot. think i paid 78 each at motosport. The fronts seem to work well too. Rubber is a little softer than i would like but others said they will outlast the holeshots - well see. also sliding predictability is good can even get them to slide on dry concrete.
Lol the sliding on dry concrete thing is probably why you seem to think the rubber is softer than you would like. Tires last longer if you don't wear them out that way haha.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Lol the sliding on dry concrete thing is probably why you seem to think the rubber is softer than you would like. Tires last longer if you don't wear them out that way haha.
Even if you drive on the street that will wear them faster too.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I don't think reversing them will make that much of a difference with soft terrain. You need something with bigger lungs that are spaced a little farther apart like kutters to make more of a difference.
I don't know, I was just going based on what I remembered reading about them. As for whether or not it works as advertised, I don't know, lol. Good selling point though, don't you think? Haha.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts