Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even thought they werent a sponsor, alejandro patronelli rode and won using kenda tyres, dont know wich exact reference and can someone id the size?

to tell you the truth i am intrigued and mught buy a set, because the racing i do is a lot like the dakar just shorter.

las year he and his brother won riding maxxis razrII

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Looks like an ITP holeshot spare.

And the tires on the machine look like Kenda Klaw XC's front and rear. My guess is 23" front and 22" rear size, rear looks like a smaller 9" wheel.

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Can't make out anything in the first pic, tires spinning. But the rears in the second pic look like ITP quadcross tires. Probably the XC version.

Look kind of like douglas beadlocks, but I honestly don't know for sure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but one can make out that he did race with kenda on the fronts.

wonder why he ditched maxxis for kenda and itp?

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
Upon closer inspection, those are not the quadcross tires, the spacing is too large and I don't think ITP sells them in a 22" tire.

I'll go look and see if I can find a similar tire.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
The ones we're trying to figure out are the ones in the third picture posted by the OP and the picture posted by HOJ, the set in the first picture posted by the OP are Klaw XC front and rear.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i got that picture from ozatv forum. a member there went to the 2011 dakar and took a bunch of pictures and reported progress.

jean, you may want to contact that member, linc, and ask him if he knows the brand of rear tire in those pictures. there were atleast two riders, both argentine, that were running that tire. if that doesn't work, find out how you can contact the patronelli or halpern race team.

i'd be interested in knowing what make that rear tire is as well, looks beefy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the quadcross XC has a slightly different design if you study it. also, i have only seen that tire offered in a 20" rear and 22" front configuration. another similar tire is the Dunlop kt386 but that's only offered in 18".

i'm guessing that it's a quadcross knockoff in a larger size ofcourse, available in south america.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
the quadcross XC has a slightly different design if you study it. also, i have only seen that tire offered in a 20" rear and 22" front configuration. another similar tire is the Dunlop kt386 but that's only offered in 18".

i'm guessing that it's a quadcross knockoff in a larger size ofcourse, available in south america.
Either that or it's a prototype tire that ITP gave them to test. It looks like it's probably a radial too.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Either that or it's a prototype tire that ITP gave them to test. It looks like it's probably a radial too.
i can't agree with it being an ITP prototype with them using Kenda front tires. but it could be a Kenda prototype. it does appear to be a radial tire.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts