Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for those of you that relocated your ignition (key switch) to your front fender, how do you do it? Did you make some type of plate of some sort? Without any type of bracket, the key switch will fall right through the fender :wow:

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
If you get the Dr. D Reverse lever you can use the plug that comes in the kit to mount the switch in other wise you'll need the little billet adaptor that TQS sells or make something yourself

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Woods, yours come with an actual relocater piece, or just a plug for the hole that you made work ?

Small plastic plug from the hardware store can be made to work as well. Same idea as the Dr. D plug, but like $0.35

I relocated mine under the fender with just a cheap jimmy-rig from crap around the shop (basically just some thin washer/spacers):

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you get the Dr. D Reverse lever you can use the plug that comes in the kit to mount the switch in other wise you'll need the little billet adaptor that TQS sells or make something yourself
Do you have a link to the adaptor that TQS sells ?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that jokers vault sells one too but there website isnt working...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
$105.00??????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! couldnt you make one for like $10.00?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
DTR ! Did some drankin and sangin with y'all at Discovery Point a couple years back :lol: Good times ! :beer:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
$105.00??????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! couldnt you make one for like $10.00?
That includes the reverse lever/relocator. As for the key on the fender, I used the silver peice but had to glue mine down so they wouldnt turn. In hindsight I would like to find somewhere else because it sucks having to remove that too everytime I clean and remove the front plastics. :rolleyes:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
That includes the reverse lever/relocator. As for the key on the fender, I used the silver peice but had to glue mine down so they wouldnt turn. In hindsight I would like to find somewhere else because it sucks having to remove that too everytime I clean and remove the front plastics. :rolleyes:
I'm a dumb ass I forgot about the lever. Is that lever really worth $105.00? Where else is there to mount the key at?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You can hold the front brake and shift to reverse at same time.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Do what spider?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
What do you guys need a plate for? Just poke a hole in the fender and mount the switch there? I had mine mounted like that for a whole before I took the fenders out completely. You just put the plastic ring in the back and you're done... 5 min job

1 - 20 of 23 Posts