Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Raptor 660, .05 over bore, FMF slip on, Fullflight +2 A Arms
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have done a little bit of research on these shocks for a Raptor 660 and have found KFX450 shocks are a little better for trail riding on a Raptor 660 than the YFZ because the KFX shocks are almost the same length as the 660. Now that being said, what are the pros and cons to both? Is there that much of a difference between all of these shocks that it is worth going through all the work to swap 450 shocks onto a 660? Will my +2 a-arms be compatible with KFX or YFZ shocks? Should I save my pennies for a set of stage 1 Elkas? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I had yfz shocks on a 660 and i can verify that it is a major upgrade over the 660 pogo sticks. It does sit lower with the yfz shocks, but i thought that was a bonus. I dont know if they are compatible with +2 arms, or how the kfx shocks would be in comparison

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
I really like my yfz shocks on my 700, drops the center of gravity enough to feel a bit more stable in tight corners and I really notice my bike feeling more balanced to Me. and the spings on them are dual rate, so they get stiffer as you go through the travel essentially and it helps for me on whoops and jumps a lot. A solid budget leaning option in my opinion.

I had the pogos before and havnt had a ton of experience on the newer 700 suspension but either way I'd run your build by a fella named Jogaca on here, he's a suspension lendgend and can work wonders for the tightest and largest budgets. I've no longer got his contact info but I'm sure someone coming along does and can pm you if interested.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I really like my yfz shocks on my 700, drops the center of gravity enough to feel a bit more stable in tight corners and I really notice my bike feeling more balanced to Me. and the spings on them are dual rate, so they get stiffer as you go through the travel essentially and it helps for me on whoops and jumps a lot. A solid budget leaning option in my opinion.

I had the pogos before and havnt had a ton of experience on the newer 700 suspension but either way I'd run your build by a fella named Jogaca on here, he's a suspension lendgend and can work wonders for the tightest and largest budgets. I've no longer got his contact info but I'm sure someone coming along does and can pm you if interested.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk
2nd for Jogaca. Supreme work, budget prices. Not to mention custom colors

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andon Jones
1 - 5 of 5 Posts