Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone read the writeups in quad or dirtwheels about the new KFX450? Seems like the most promising 450 class bike I've seen. I'd like to ride one and see what it's like.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Id like to ride one for a day. I wanted to see one in person but the local Kawasaki dealer would rather sell lawnmowers than quads lol. They have Kawasaki, Polorais, and Arctic Cat and only had 4 sport quads in stock 2 KFX 700 and 2 DVX 400, asked if he had any 450's coming and said no lol :confused:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I stopped at a Kawi dealer on the way home one day. They had three sitting behind a couple of Raptors. I saw a lot of room for improvement. First of all it had about the same suspension travel as my dad's Warriors. It has some goofy button thing for cold starting, on a fuel injected engine :3question: :crazy: . Felt cramped, but that is ok because I was looking for a quad for the wife. The seat was my biggest complaint... It was about the width of a motorcycle seat and about as comfortable as sitting on a 2x4, even my wife's sexy little butt would hurt on that seat. I still really like a lot of things about it, but I will wait for the next model and see if they improve it. Maybe the YFZ will get fuel injection and reverse by then :)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
pile0g00 said:
I stopped at a Kawi dealer on the way home one day. They had three sitting behind a couple of Raptors. I saw a lot of room for improvement. First of all it had about the same suspension travel as my dad's Warriors. It has some goofy button thing for cold starting, on a fuel injected engine :3question: :crazy: . Felt cramped, but that is ok because I was looking for a quad for the wife. The seat was my biggest complaint... It was about the width of a motorcycle seat and about as comfortable as sitting on a 2x4, even my wife's sexy little butt would hurt on that seat. I still really like a lot of things about it, but I will wait for the next model and see if they improve it. Maybe the YFZ will get fuel injection and reverse by then :)
I was curious how it would feel size and seat wise. Thats what made me go with a 700 over the 450's was the roomy feeling and comfy seat and Im not a big guy. I dont see how a big guy could ride one and be comfortable but maybe Im just getting old lol :lol:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive seen a couple....damn things look tiny....my friend said alot of guys are saying that they are to small and their knees hit the front fenders....but at least the fenders are removeable

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the same reason why I bought the 660 over a YFZ. When I rode my buddies YFZ shortly before buying my 660, I felt like I was riding a toy... it was small and cramped with a really fidgity motor.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I looked at one...the seat is way too small and very stiff and unpadded. The Honda Dealer said that they've had complaints of them starting like crap and don't run as good as claimed. I really digged the rims w/ the baja bead on the inside, the lights looked cool, loved the lower box frame look, and the shaved up fenders were a nice touch. I think I'll wait for a friend to get one and see how they hold up the first year. Anyone see the commercial of this bike clearin doubles or triples in a arena :lol:

·
Registered
579 Posts
They look nice but have some issues not to mention the crappy seat. You would think that they could get it right the first time. The next version should be that much nicer.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
BadRap said:
They look nice but have some issues not to mention the crappy seat. You would think that they could get it right the first time. The next version should be that much nicer.
04 yfz got the exact same criticisms for a crappy seat, I too would have thought Kawasaki would know better than to repeat such a mistake. But remember that seat height is a crucial measurement on these bikes so the complaints about the seat may be something they were prepared to live with the be more comprable to the other bikes in the class.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
True.

The seat height is very important. If it was made any taller, everyone would say they are "tippy".

I like the look of the bike, but if it's anything like a YFZ450, I would feel very cramped.

~Brian

·
Registered
679 Posts
Flynbyu said:
True.

The seat height is very important. If it was made any taller, everyone would say they are "tippy".

I like the look of the bike, but if it's anything like a YFZ450, I would feel very cramped.

~Brian
i agree with the looks. i saw one yesterday and it looked pretty cool. it was the black addition. i wasnt able to sit on it cause i had surgery two days ago so i wasnt gonna risk hurting my foot even more just to sit on it. so i dont know how they feel witht he seat. but i trust you guys. if you look at team green kawasakis kfx450,s they look like a modded yfz 450 but with green plastics to me.

G

·
I have a buddy in SE Oklahoma who will be buyin' a FYZ soon. While at the dealer he asked about the new Kawi...
Well, he already has three in for cracked frames! I guess there is a problem with the steering stem and a-arms. Not sure how to explain it. There is also alot of talk with electrical problems.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
yfz u mean ?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Quad magazine had a write up in their latest issue, had lots of good to say about the powerplant. They did complain about the seat but mentioned that after market foam was already available. Not a fan of the 8.5" of travel up front personally.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts