Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a quick question, can you cut and splice the key switch wires and put the kill switch in that way? Then it just works like the key being on and off right? Or does it have to be wired into the cdi? Thanks for the info.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,232 Posts
YES,I prefer to put it in line with the key switch. You MUST get a 'normally' closed switch.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What is the benefit of wiring it to the key over the coil like this?

This is how I did ours and it took like 5 minutes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to do away with the key just to keep it from getting lost while racing. I just ordered a pro armor kill switch will that work inline with the key?

·
11,232 Posts
This will work lots of motors. However, some motor electronics are sensitive to grounding the hot side of the coil. The ground can back feed into and kill a control box. SO, I prefer wiring into the key switch on any motor. Has the same affect as turning off the key.

·
11,232 Posts
I want to do away with the key just to keep it from getting lost while racing. I just ordered a pro armor kill switch will that work inline with the key?
If it's 'normally closed' it will work. Just remove it when not riding, even in your shop. This will turn off the quad and prevent the battery from going dead.

·
11,232 Posts
Only if it's a "normally closed" switch. If it's "normally open" you'll have to keep the kill switch and run wires to the coil as shown in the video.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, so I ran the kill switch inline with the key, I cut the key switch wires and left the plugs intact. I wired the kill switch into the two wires and then the ground to the frame. Starts fine runs fine, but when you kill it with the tether, it blows the fuse by the battery every time? Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin

·
11,232 Posts
You still haven't answered if it's normally 'open' or normally 'closed'?!?! How many wires are there??. Remove the frame ground and re-test.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys were right, normally closed switch, I had to wire it into the coil I'm going to buy a open switch now, thanks for all the comments!!

·
11,232 Posts
You guys were right, normally closed switch, I had to wire it into the coil I'm going to buy a open switch now, thanks for all the comments!!
PM sent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the wires from the keybswitch and exactly where to cut and how to splice? I'm confused and want to make sure to do it correctly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts