Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i make a weekend getaway from my apartment in Breese, IL to my parents house in Troy, MO. all is well saturday night and on till sunday afternoon........thats when all hell breaks loose. one of my brothers is on a class trip to Colorado and the other is home and ready to take the 400ex and my rap700 out for some trail riding. we went searching and found some really badass trails which made us happy.........no more having to ride at the same place over and over again. we hooked up with his two friends (brothers also) from down the road (both having matching 450 r's). we took them out to the trails we had found........thye thought they were awesome! we come to a sandbank on the side of a creek and stop for a break. one of the brothers said that he saw some people up on top of the bluff to our right looking at us. we figure that its time to go since we dont know if this is their property or not. as were heading back out down the trail we see a pair of 4 wheeler lights flying down from the bluff.........GO GO GO!!!!!!!!! :help: so the brothers are in front, followed by my brother and me (yeah im last but who cares) we come up out of a ditch and have to make an immediate left to get on the main trail.......brother one.....brother 2.....my brother.....LOOKOUT!!!!!!! im going too fast and cant make the turn...........can you guess what happens?

well if you cant..........just picture 3 people making a left and one totally jumping the trail and flying to the other side of the ditch. 8) yeah im cool like that! as i come to a stop i notice that im not on my 4 wheeler........but when i look to my right i can see it slowly.........VERY SLOWLY getting ready to roll over frontwards..........i reach for the grab bar.............TOO LATE!!!!! it slides and topples to a hault at the bottom.........i slide down to it and cuddle up in a ball..........here comes the guy on the 4 wheeler thats chasing us!!! he flys past me........IM LIKE YES!!!!!!!!! he continues to chase my brother and his friends..........i hear them hit the cornfield and they are gone! the guy turns around and i can hear him heading back my way.........what do i find? i landed not even 3 feet from an old stone tunnel..........wow! now i think to myself........its 5 ft tall by about 4 ft wide........SHE WILL FIT!!!!!!!!! i roll my rappy into the tunnel and take a seat hoping for the best.........the guy flys over the top of the tunnel and heads back up the bluff...........IM SAFE!!!!!!!!! lol i wait about 10 minutes and roll the rappy out of the tunnel and get her started and fly home to my parents. it was then that i realized the damages:

right headlight bracket snapped (headlight is fine just hanging by the wires so i need a new bracket)​
radiator is kinda of smashed and pushed to one side........but theres a bracket on the bottom of it and the bracket is broke........leaving a hole and the fluid is totally leaking out........well actually its gone lol and my engine temp light is on​

so now that you know the story.........do any of you have a spare radiator that you wouldnt mind selling? i know some peeps go for a bigger better radiator and just have the old stock one laying around.........any of you??? when i take it in to get fixed.......i can just bring the one i buy from whoever has one and get it put on. now the bike is on warranty for 4 years but i dont think that they cover for a wreck do they???

please if anyone could get back to me id be greately appreciated!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
if that was me i would say that the damage was worth it because alot more could have happend and thats one of the best stories ive heard...i always get a rush when me n my friend play tag but you have to phsical slap the other person or beat them to base to not be it...it would be fun running from some 1

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i totally agree.......my brother said he had a gun rack on his utility (uh oh!). also if the property was private then we could have been in trouble by the cops and be fined. i feel as though i got off lucky but with the damages i am very sad........i cant ride it at all till its fixed. i need a radiator for sure and the lights........well i can just remove them and either stick on some HID's or leave them off totally.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Don't have any parts for you but hell of a story. There nothing like a good chase, and when you get to the hiding part. The best is when your hideing right in front of them and there looking for you and your right there. :lol:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big M: yeah its a bit pricey........id rather just buy a stock one but then again im kinda asking myself if i should just go ahead and upgrade while its like this..........dunno yet but thanks alot for the info

Everyone: the hiding part was the BEST!!! after i came to a stop he wizzed by me (and my bike was still in view!!!) i dont know how he didnt see me or the bike but i just closed my eyes and said Cmon.....Cmon.....Cmon. while he was chasing my brother and his friends i couldnt help but realize this tunnel behind me and i was like what the hell are the chances shell fit.....let alone me landing right next to it lol. she fit very VERy snug and sure enough he came back by and went right over the top of me...........i swear it was some movie action stuff or somethin HAHA!

id appreciate it if you guys could keep an eye out for me on the parts i need...........dont make it your duty but if you come across anything please fill me in! Thanks again!

·
Registered
200 Posts
WOW!..........Sounds like a close one........ :lol:
For you and the bike.
I don't know where you can get a used one but if you go new, www.mrcycles.com has a new one for $355.
From the microfich, it looks like it comes with the fan assembly as well.
Good luck Rad....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
thats some real luck there man. someone was looking out for ya. depending on how long you've had your quad, warrenty might cover the wreck.

i was riding my quad and over estimated a turn. wrecked and broke the subframe, light, throttle case and tow bar. warranty covered everything except the light

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive had it since the end of july.........i payed an extra $500 for an extra 4 years warranty...........making in all a 6 year warranty. when you took yours in did you just plainly say you wrecked or what? the radiator is totally just wasted......and my plastics are kinda eh.........but i think its just cuz the radiator is smashed to one side. the light is an easy fix (just need a new bracket) but im thinking of just taking them off and throwin on some trailtech lights. and i now see that i need a shifter......its kinda bent towards the engine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thats a good story, Suspensful. Spice it up A bite and send it to a magazine when their holding a contest for best letter and a decent prize, you could win something good

·
Registered
207 Posts
grandsport96 can do some bad ass wheelies just ask him about it, they are freaking sick

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RAD700R: great idea..........and watch.........one day ill be writing articles for that mag........LOL (i only wish)

blue700: what do wheelies have to do with this thread?

·
Registered
960 Posts
so your the one that was running from me!!!!!! lol jk man good story though it sucks that you had to reck and those 450r beat you but hey you survived tahts all tha counts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
at first i was like OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN!! lol but yeah the wreck was the downfall and the 450r's didnt really beat me........its just the line that we were riding the trails in.

put 2 450r's that are just piped up to a 700r thats only got a throw in uni and you better believe that the 700r will win!

·
Registered
207 Posts
blue700: what do wheelies have to do with this thread?
[/quote]

nothing at all, im sorry to take up space, grandsport is my neighboor i ride with, its more of an inside joke between him and I. sorry dude

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its cool

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.