Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I was almost going to get it (e.f.i.), but changed my mind at the last second..hit'n up the 39mm fcr's.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You can get a set of 39mm fcrs around $850 plus the trinity intake..I think its $150-185..thats somewhere around $1000. the Kms f.i. is around $1400-$1500.. I would say thats a lot of "coin"... But, if you like it go for it.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Be smart about it. Maybe they are out there but to my knowledge there isn't an aftermarket FI setup that is MAF bases, the ones I know of are "speed density" type systems meaning they WILL NOT self adjust to changes you make to the bike, meaning that if you have it programmed for what you have now, you would need to have the chip re-burned if you wanted to add a different set of pipes later down the road.

39s are the way to go, cheap to re-jet if you change something down the road. You don't have to pay 1200 for a new set of 39s, there is one place where you can get them new for 850.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I'm giving it so much thought is that I plan on moving back out west where elevation changes are going to be an issue wether I'm going for a ride in the hills or going to the dunes or something.

Are the 700's self adjusting?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
they self adjust for humidity, elevation (air pressure), and temperature. They don't adjust for modifications. need a dobeck, power commander..ect...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I had the kms fuel injection on my yfz, and if you dont have a dyno expect to spend hours tuning your bike out in the garage making all your friends mad at you because you cant ride. It took forever to tune. It was awesome when it was tune though. absolutely awesome when it was dailed in. However, it took forever to get to that point. If you have a dyno where you could dyno tune your raptor then by all means go for the fuel injection from KMS !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts