Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a raptor 660 thats been pushed to a 686. Coming from a 450LTR it sounds that its knocking on the top end. I also have +2 values in it. Will the bigger values make it sound like its tapping. Any advice will help. Thanks Ive only had the bike for about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh this is the first bike ive had thats over a 450 do the bigger cc's make a louder tapping sound. I know im not giving yall alot. But if you've ever heard a bike do it before it sounds like a really fast tapping sound in the top end. I still have a ton of power and it starts up with one press after its been sitting up for a week. No smoke or oil or gas in airbox.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
valve adjustment is what i am thinking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
do you have a bigger cam? i have a 660 bored to 686 same set up as you with a stage 2 hotcam from what i have read and was told by a friend that builds raptors its normal sound coming from the valve lash setting with the bigger cam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i have a bigger cam in it. Both of yall are sounding good to me. I had my mech. look at it and he said the same thing about the sound of it. and the next oil change I do, he is going to show me how to adjust the values on it. Thanks for the help. On a side note does anyone know how to post up vids on here. I took a vid of the sound but couldnt get it to load up.

·
Master of the Electron
15,528 Posts
Higher or quicker lift cams will make it clatter more - I've also found that my Rappy is always a little louder (from an valve noise standpoint) than my other quads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts