Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried installing an RX1N on a Raptor. I've been looking at them for a few weeks and was wondering how hard do you think it would be to put this on my 2005 660 Raptor. I saw a 700 raptor on ebay a while back with the gauge on and it looked good. I've never installed a tach before, but I think this might be something easy to do. It'd be cool to keep up with the mileage and all. https://www.pmtuning.co.uk/Koso%20tec%20page.htm

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I would rather have the one that looks more like a motorcycle gauges. I can't believe no one has tried this yet. :3question:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Without a tach lead from an aftermarket cdi it's basically unheard of to adapt an analog tach to the raptor. There are plenty of digital units out there that would work, but obviously it's not what you want.

No one has made one for the raptor since highlifter ended it's autometer guage becuase of reliability issues.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
another thing to get broke off when I crash....I can do with out, just remember to shift before redline to make the most effective use of hp

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Maddog56 for the great reply. That what I needed to know. I'll probably end up with a Vapor like Limited660. Your probably right Danos, one more thing to break off going thru the woods. Thanks again guys. I do like the way an analog tach looks, though. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed them and this is the reply I got. Looks like it will work. :lol:

Hello Sir
Yes this unit would work on your atv, this unit take is tach signal from the spark plug wire, the ignition coil or the pick up sensor. You just need to find the best way for you.
Best regards

I don't know how accurate it will be, but I will give it a go.
Looks like I found my next project.... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
danos why not spend $37 more and get the TrailTech Vapor??? Its tells you engine temp, speed, and everything...I kinda think $69 is a waste just for a water temp guage... :confused:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Jusaplaya said:
I emailed them and this is the reply I got. Looks like it will work. :lol:

Hello Sir
Yes this unit would work on your atv, this unit take is tach signal from the spark plug wire, the ignition coil or the pick up sensor. You just need to find the best way for you.
Best regards

I don't know how accurate it will be, but I will give it a go.
Looks like I found my next project.... :grin_nod:
That's the problem, accuracy. Hooking it up isn't usually all that hard, but figuring what pulse you're supposed to set it on and whether the tach is displaying correctly is where it starts to fall apart. The other issue is longevity, most of these tachs are for street use and will not last long off-road.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again Maddog56. I'm gonna get it and give it a try. I don't submerge mine in mud or nothing extreme. Mainly just ride trails and dirt roads. So it should be fine. ;)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Goodluck, I will tell you how Vapor works if I ever get it :banghead:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know the feeling. The only day I get off is Sunday right now. So it will be atleast March before I can even get to put it on my raptor. I just wanna have it ready by summer cause thats when I take the weekends off. I'll post pics when I get to work on it.:grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Ha ha, im to lazy to take pics once I get something, I usually just get it done... no time for pictures :grin_nod:
The Vapor wont be here till February 21, :mad: backorder :mad:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I guess I will take pics since its coming today :grin_nod:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I would rather have the one that looks more like a motorcycle gauges. I can't believe no one has tried this yet. :3question:
Did you ever figure out how to mount your koso? I recently purchased one and have the same issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Master of the Electron
15,442 Posts
Thirteen years ago... will he answer?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts