Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
809rpm.com Team Member/The Mechanic
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get hids for my 700r i seen this web site on here and i want to know if anyone has bought from them before?

and how good is there product?

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought a kit from them about 2 months ago for my 700 and its been great. They are crazy bright.

I got the 6k ones and they are very white. The only problem is if you ride on the road they are way brighter than any car so oncoming traffic really hates it. I get flashed constantly even with my low beams. I try to lean forward or let off the gas to get the front end down further when cars are coming.

The build quality seems good. All the cabling and connectors looked pretty solid and installation was fairly simple.

On the trail they can't be beat. its like daylight all the time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought a kit from them about 2 months ago for my 700 and its been great. They are crazy bright.

I got the 6k ones and they are very white. The only problem is if you ride on the road they are way brighter than any car so oncoming traffic really hates it. I get flashed constantly even with my low beams. I try to lean forward or let off the gas to get the front end down further when cars are coming.

The build quality seems good. All the cabling and connectors looked pretty solid and installation was fairly simple.

On the trail they can't be beat. its like daylight all the time.
Have you had any issues with the stator and the battery not holding charge? Basically do you need to change anything else after you do the light install.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Have you had any issues with the stator and the battery not holding charge? Basically do you need to change anything else after you do the light install.
You will be fine if you stay with the 35w kit, once on i believe they actually draw less power than the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I did it on my car and i will never go back to reg bulbs. I got the 5300k for my car but prob will go for the 6000k for my rappy. 5300 has a slight tint of blue where as the 6000 has more of the aftermarket blue look. I am sure the ATV will produce the same results. If you do allot of night riding i am sure it would increase your night visibility. Do you know where ppl get that single unit that goes on the handlebars? Was thinking of just running one HID light on the bars in addition to the reg lights. I don't know the light on the bars just makes more sense to me.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can anyone show me which kit I need to order for my 660?? I have 6000k's in my truck and thats what I'm looking for for my raptor

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I did it on my car and i will never go back to reg bulbs. I got the 5300k for my car but prob will go for the 6000k for my rappy. 5300 has a slight tint of blue where as the 6000 has more of the aftermarket blue look. I am sure the ATV will produce the same results. If you do allot of night riding i am sure it would increase your night visibility. Do you know where ppl get that single unit that goes on the handlebars? Was thinking of just running one HID light on the bars in addition to the reg lights. I don't know the light on the bars just makes more sense to me.
If you mean the LED ones TQSATV has them, they are the Rigid ones:
http://www.tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=Handlebar+Mounted+Lights

·
Registered
290 Posts
Krypton has had some very poor customer service, they got banned from R1-Forum because of their shitty service. People were getting the wrong kits, broken parts, and were taking months to get refunds or exchanges.

DDM Tuning has some decent HID kits for very cheap. I have one set in my R1 and two sets in my truck, not a single issue at all.

·
Bearing the Burden of Proof
77 Posts
Krypton has had some very poor customer service, they got banned from R1-Forum because of their shitty service. People were getting the wrong kits, broken parts, and were taking months to get refunds or exchanges.

DDM Tuning has some decent HID kits for very cheap. I have one set in my R1 and two sets in my truck, not a single issue at all.
I just ordered a set from krypton BEFORE following up on here like I wish I would have. Does DDM have a bi-xenon kit? I would like to have full functionality of my switches.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Great..... ill wait it out a little bit longer, then i will contact paypal to get a refund and look for another bi-xenon kit from a reliable source :|

·
Registered
448 Posts

Great..... ill wait it out a little bit longer, then i will contact paypal to get a refund and look for another bi-xenon kit from a reliable source :|

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I ordered mine it took like two weeks to ship which was way to long. I guess its just one guy and he had posted on his web site about family issues coming up and problems with the woman but he did eventually ship them.

·
77 Posts
I like to know too. I want to order a kit.
You may want to wait and see what happens with our orders first. I will make sure to post any updates I have immediately. As of now I have attempted to contact them via e-mail and via phone with no luck. I was never sent an invoice or any information after my order was placed so I'm not feeling very confident at this point.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just ordered a set from krypton BEFORE following up on here like I wish I would have. Does DDM have a bi-xenon kit? I would like to have full functionality of my switches.
I'm not sure what a bi-xenon kit is, didn't see anything like that on DDM's site. DDM's usually take about 1-1.5 weeks to arrive after ordering.

·
77 Posts
I'm not sure what a bi-xenon kit is, didn't see anything like that on DDM's site. DDM's usually take about 1-1.5 weeks to arrive after ordering.
The bi-xenon kit is where the bulb moves up or down when the hi/lo switch is used. I was just hoping to have full use of my switch, but I may just have to deal with the low only working.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts