Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know it has been a long time since I posted last but I am back...Don't own the rappy anymore but I have a banshee and a dirtbike.

So recently picked up a 2006 KX250, on sunday the bike leaned out and seized the piston. That is why you don't let others ride your bike... anyway. I decide to dig into it and see what i could find.

getting to the motor:

head pulled off and first sign of carnage:

pulled the cylinder off and noticed the skirts gone...all the pieces are now in the lower end...:

'some' of the cylinder damage:

That's as far as I got last night, today I will pull the lower end and get to a point to where I can split the cases.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the motor pulled out the rest of the way, now I just need to dig into the lower end and see if the damage goes deeper

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
Looks so much simpler than when I did my yz250f. 4 strokes are pricey....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I am lucky with how little this is going to cost me...my first time doing this kind of thing so I am learning as I go along.

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
Keeping it OEM?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely...thing is fast enough already.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the cases split, got the crank pulled out and cleaned up.

Stupid me didn't clean the sand from the motor so I got sand all up in the tranny so that has to be pulled and cleaned...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424383405.631579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
That is one thing I am glad I did not have to do on mine. Keep up with progress status!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, I took the night off as I have been working on it all week... Needed to take a day.

Will be back at it tomorrow. Going riding Saturday again, loving this nice weather

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
Got 6"-10" coming over the weekend. Gonna hole up and shoot pool all weekend, lol. Are you going to add anything to the bike not OEM or just getting it back up and running?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, got the trans pulled out cleaned up and now most of the lower end is put back together.

still insure what I want to do with the top end

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
For some better ideas maybe hop over to Thumpertalk. I hop between forums and that one really helped out when I did the top end and other stuff on my YZ250F. Go to the bike specific forum.... A lot of good info there.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I have searched there before. I have a few ideas just unsure what route I want to go with yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey - if you still have the cases split, REPLACE those crank bearings due to the debris in the lower end, DON'T chance it..!!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally found a cylinder, and picked up a piston.

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
Pretty pretty. Won't be long now huh?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should be up by the end of the month... My truck is torn apart right now as well, plus I am getting ready to move so just a tad bit busy.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well turns out I had to buy a brand new cylinder so yeah...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well I'm almost all put back together. EDIT- no idea why the photo is sideways...sorry

uploadfromtaptalk1436724990308.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
Nice looking paddle. They always seem to make a machine look pretty badass, lol. You are getting there Woody...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts