Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
order yours from ripperracing.com for 30 bucks more you get the gear number 3, all new allen bolts and a gasket kit, well worth it!, i order mine 3 weeks ago got it within 3 days and was riding the next day...then i rode it so much i burnt my clutch up and bought a new one and they had it here in 3 days, from PA to OK

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
i bought the kit from ripper racing and he knows alot about raptors.Good man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys RSP ,RIPPER RACING,EXTREME ATV,LADESIGNS.COM Do not sell L&A ONEWAYS. They have not purchased from me in almost two years. They are selling knock offS produce by an L&A ex-partner. The new L&A one way has been updated with using only 8 rollers and springs. The copies still use nine. If you want an Original L&A Designs One-way see our dealer list at www.ladesignsllc.com or there is TWOFASTINTHEPAST ON EBAY. He use's my logo in his adds. Also watch for www.raptoroneway.com he will have gret prices and service. all my dealer have great service.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I bought a L&A one-way from ripper a little over a year ago, does that mean it's not really a L&A? I'm not so sure I would use ripper racing. They built my motor and I needed some info about it but they won't answer their phone or return my emails :mad: I'm also ticked because he told me that the JE pistons where high quality and very reliable :liar:

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
ROTARY 530 said:
Hey guys RSP ,RIPPER RACING,EXTREME ATV,LADESIGNS.COM Do not sell L&A ONEWAYS. They have not purchased from me in almost two years. They are selling knock offS produce by an L&A ex-partner. The new L&A one way has been updated with using only 8 rollers and springs. The copies still use nine. If you want an Original L&A Designs One-way see our dealer list at www.ladesignsllc.com or there is TWOFASTINTHEPAST ON EBAY. He use's my logo in his adds. Also watch for www.raptoroneway.com he will have gret prices and service. all my dealer have great service.
Why are you only offering a 1 year warranty when the other guy (who claims that YOU are the ex-partner selling the older design) offers lifetime? Honestly, I heard almost the exact story from the other guy, on the phone, with all that is described here stated in reverse. How do we really find out what is what, which clutch is the newest design, and which is truly the best? Or ARE you the other guy, and you've just changed your warranty? Honestly, I'm getting confused now.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:stupid:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I know L&A was first before L&L because L&A was the only thing available for quite some time. The way I understand it there were two guys and they split. One is still with L&A, one is with L&L. Someone feel free to correct that if I'm wrong.

Ripper and RSP sold L&A before L&L existed and advertised as such, can't say what they sell since the big shortage in the winter of 2005. Xtreme sells L&L.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
I for one, would be very happy if they could get all this cr*p straightened out, and make life easier for us. I don't expect to need a new one for awhile since, according to MD, I just installed an L&L... Maybe the next time I need one, this will all be resolved, lol.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Yes, from Extreme... and I got a reg card, but darned if I know what I did with it, lol. Need to find it and send it in to get the warranty, I assume.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That was the explanation I got from Andy, need the card for the warranty.
He's seemed like a descent guy, I'd bet he's send you another card.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
I know L&A was first before L&L because L&A was the only thing available for quite some time. The way I understand it there were two guys and they split. One is still with L&A, one is with L&L. Someone feel free to correct that if I'm wrong.

Ripper and RSP sold L&A before L&L existed and advertised as such, can't say what they sell since the big shortage in the winter of 2005. Xtreme sells L&L.
My prob, MD, is that I've seen L&A, L&A Designs, L&A Designs LLC and L&L... and I know that some are the same, some are different. You need a program to watch the game!

At least I already have mine, whichever company it came from, lol.

Now there's an even more interesting, and more confusing description from the same Rotary530 (not claiming ownership this time) in the 660 Maintenace forum. I give up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am the other guy, yes my warrenty says one year but the few that have come back I have replaced regardless of the time. If not abused they don't fail typically but with manufacturing there is always a few problems, if it the material or a manufacturing defect that got though, then I would replace it. If dealers would advertise what they actually sell then there would not be so much confussion. My dealer don't advertise L&L BUT HIS SEEM TO ADVERTISE L&As. I can't stop that. As I stated one is a copy of the other, so functionally they are the same. I have redesigned the L&A FOR MANUFACTUREABILITY and cost. I can't say mine is any better because his is a copy of our original one. Another trick they like to play is extreme atv has set a website www.ladesigns.com to confuse you guys even more. that site is a copy of his extreme site with a different name. I think that sucks but there is nothing I can do about it. So make sure who you deal with. The original is www.ladesignsllc.com my dealers are listed.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
ROTARY 530 said:
I am the other guy, yes my warrenty says one year but the few that have come back I have replaced regardless of the time. If not abused they don't fail typically but with manufacturing there is always a few problems, if it the material or a manufacturing defect that got though, then I would replace it. If dealers would advertise what they actually sell then there would not be so much confussion. My dealer don't advertise L&L BUT HIS SEEM TO ADVERTISE L&As. I can't stop that. As I stated one is a copy of the other, so functionally they are the same. I have redesigned the L&A FOR MANUFACTUREABILITY and cost. I can't say mine is any better because his is a copy of our original one. Another trick they like to play is extreme atv has set a website www.ladesigns.com to confuse you guys even more. that site is a copy of his extreme site with a different name. I think that sucks but there is nothing I can do about it. So make sure who you deal with. The original is www.ladesignsllc.com my dealers are listed.
Well, at least you can understand our confusion. I tried for several hours to figure it out on my own, when I was ready to purchase 2 months ago. I spoke with Andy at Extreme, and his explanation was very plausible, especially since it was the only explanation available at the time.

Thank you for presenting this information to us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts