Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dyno, pretty happy with the results. This motor is going to BC Canada to be run in a Raptor that gets converted to skies and snow tracks in the Winter, he should get it back in time to have some fun. He'll also be bottle feeding it.

here are the specifics on the motor
101 bore, 6mil stroke, 11.5:1 compression, x4 cam, stock size valves, HV porting, 39FCRs, full Barker duals

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That looks good, CSR. Did i hear you right? he is going to use Nitrous?

·
Registered
350 Posts
stock carbs? exhaust? more details :)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DECEPTiON21 said:
That looks good, CSR. Did i hear you right? he is going to use Nitrous?
yeah, he is gonna spray a 30 shot on top of this all motor run. He says the snow tracks suck alot of power so he plans to spray it, its built to take it with an o-ringed cylinder and solid copper head gasket but he may change his mind when he burries the throttle on this thing, especially considering he shipped me a bone-stock Raptor to build for him :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
03Rappy660 said:
stock carbs? exhaust? more details :)
03, I edited the original to include the requested info, sorry I left that out.
:thumbsup: I'll take it when ya wanna start 8)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
CSR any case work needed for the 6 or 8 mm over cranks?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maddog56 said:
CSR any case work needed for the 6 or 8 mm over cranks?
None needed for the 6mils; some slight piston skirt mods are necessary on the Wiseco pistons but not on the CP pistons if used with the 6mils; the skirt is longer on the Wiseco and will rub the counterbalancer if not clearanced for it. To spite what the rumor mill says, there are no 8mils built or being built yet, the 8 mil is in the works though, just not ready yet. The 8mil will not require case mods but will require the use of a piston with an off-set pin location.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Must be planning a shorter rod on the +8, something like a -2 or -3 mm or so. Thought "someone" had one going, thanks for clearing that up for me.

It's a good thing my next rebuild is a couple years out, I might have had to actually make a decision. ;)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maddog56 said:
Must be planning a shorter rod on the +8, something like a -2 or -3 mm or so. Thought "someone" had one going, thanks for clearing that up for me.

It's a good thing my next rebuild is a couple years out, I might have had to actually make a decision. ;)
Yes, the 8mil that is in development uses the same rod as the 4 and 6mil do....which is 2mils shorter than the stock rod.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nice, dont think he will be having any lack of power in snow, jeez thats a 100+hp raptor when he sprays

so now rt is gonna be running a 4mil 760 with 12.5 comp and a stg.3 hotcam untill he switches to a x4 or x14 cam

unless the 6mil makes higher peak hp numbers then i would think that rt could top those 721 dyno numbers putting him close to or in the low 80's for hp

thats just what im getting from this, as usual correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have my stage 3 hotcam for sale right now, I'm putting the x4 in so CSR can dyno tune it to that cam, that way I won't have to mess with the tuning down the road if I were to switch. Like I said i,f CSR can get it to 75hp I'll be very happy, If he is able to get it to 80hp that would be awesome!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
to me, it sounds like your build has the potential to make more power - higher compression and 39 more cc's

both tunned and ported by the same builder with same cam, carbs, and pipes

but anything above 70 sounds awsome to me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
We'll see what she puts down here in the near future :grin_nod:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
cant wait, you sure are powdercoating everything, should look sick with them new color scheme, i did like the old one too though

sorry for the off topic posts :lol:

CSR - very impressive man. still on schedule to ship my motor, ill be in touch with you in a couple days

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
John, sounds good man, take all the time you need.

I figure the powdercoat will be worth 5 or 6HP on RTs motor, a motor that pretty had better put down the power or it'll get teased by the other motors:lol:

You can have a good idea of what a motor is going to do before it gets on the dyno but you can never pinpoint a number before it actually makes it. The flowbench will tell you what the head is capable of making but the rest of the combo determines if it will or not. RT's motor is going to be a monster, it has the exact same head/intake setup as this 721 so its possible it could break the 80 mark for a peak number anyways, but peak numbers are not what I build to, average useable power and a wide TQ curve is what I like to see.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Peak HP does sound good, but I'd rather have a huge fat @ss torque curve with it.. :eek:

·
Registered
373 Posts
CSR what dose your csr 721 kit run about $

pm if u dont want to discuss over this thread

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fast rap said:
CSR what dose your csr 721 kit run about $

pm if u dont want to discuss over this thread
I haven't done 2 that are the same price yet because of the different prices on pistons and cams, plus lots of folks choose this time to do other internal upgrades like a clutch basket (which I highly recommend) and a new clutch, new bearings, new oil pump etc. A ball-park price to go from a bone stock motor to a full blown 721 is 2300-2500 depending on the options selected. You should also plan on 39 carbs and Barker duals if you want it to reach these power levels. I've never tried to run one on a single pipe or stock carbs so I don't know what the power level would be but it would be lower than this, only reason I mention it is I noticed a single pipe on the bike in your sig.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts