Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been noticing a little drip or just water keep appearing on what I think is the thermostat. And was wondering if this was a fix I can do myself? I have all plastics off and was looking at it. I have pics but don’t know how to post them

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I been noticing a little drip or just water keep appearing on what I think is the thermostat. And was wondering if this was a fix I can do myself? I have all plastics off and was looking at it. I have pics but don’t know how to post them
I think you need a few more posts before you’re allowed to attach images. Could you just be having a leak from a loose hose clamp?

Replacing upper radiator hose is very simple, just messy.
Make sure to bleed air out of system through the bolt with crush washer on the thermostat housing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I check the best way of everything that I need to change? I’m new to this so was gonna change the hose clamps thermostat housing, thermostat, and the plastic cover. Was gonna do everything. So I might not need everything? Best way to tell is how? And what do you mean by bleed it. Is that after I’m done working on it and put more fluid?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,firstly download service manual from stickys in maintainence section.This will help with checking/removing/replacing parts:smilealso download parts catalogue so you can get correct parts:smile

·
Registered
68 Posts
From your pictures......maybe coolant pipe has perished abit,these 660's are getting old(like me).Original rubbers don't last forever,hopefully a couple of the long termers will be on at some point and maybe have better idea :smile

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its common for the plastic housing on the thermostat to get hot and slightly warp over time.You can either buy a new housing or people have had good luck putting sandpaper on a perfectly flat surface and sand slightly until flat again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts