Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, as the title goes I've discovered a small coolant leak. The coolant was luckily dripping on exhaust pipe so I noticed it pretty quick.When I heart he tsss noise on exhaust I was like wait I didn't ride through any water so I took a look and there was a drop of coolant getting bigger and bigger. So I've rode it home and took it apart.

Now there are a few things that lead to this.
1. I've put the brake wire on the wrong side when I was doing electrics for my HID lights all those years ago.
2. Few thousand left and right turns later the brake wire ate through softer aluminium radiator pipe.
3. Fixing this will be a bit of pain since its aluminium.

Where the brake wire should be.

Also here is a pic of my cat :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well meow that its rubbed through, it might be easier to just get a new radiator. Right meow they are about $200 USD from oem parts suppliers and they come with the fan meow. Meow if i was you id get the ones for the 2013+ because they are a direct swap meow, and its a bigger radiator meow, and a better fan! Meow

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,347 Posts
Love it when a random pic gets thrown in, that cracked me up. Cute cat. Nice Super Troopers reference Stroker!

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hah good one stroker :D
Quick update.
Tore it apart yesterday and found a promising solution which is significantly cheaper compared to new radiator. Also when I was removing hoses I remembered I've never done that before. I did all my wiring around the radiator and never removed it before. That means that the brake wire was on the wrong side from the factory! Next time you have yours apart take a look where that cable is. It might save you some troubles :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, liquid metal it is. Its basicaly epoxy mixture for fixing aluminium cracks, holes, ....... I wrapped a thin piece of aluminium around it and covered everything in epoxy. It takes 24h to cure completely. Fingers crossed.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,690 Posts
To late now, but, I've taken fiberglass cloth, and imbedded it with epoxy for metal repairs.
Different epoxy's are available for aluminum, steel, wood, plastic, and more.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After meowing for 4 days I re-installed the radiator. Gotta say that the epoxy is rock hard and you can't do any damage to it with claws. It doesn't appear to be leaking so the solution is working. There is hardly any pressure on it anyway. Installed the brake wire in between the two radiator pipes to prevent any rubbing damage. It is moving way more freely there. Cat helped a bit too :)

He got sleepy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts