Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from what im reading im getting mixed answers.

I just bought my 07 raptor 700, It has stock exhaust spark arrestor removed and the GYTR/K&N filter airbox lid on. Ive read some posts saying that will make the engine run lean...

I dont think its running lean but i wanted to hear everyones opinion

Thanks in advance!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'd get a fuel controller if I was you to be safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to keep the thing stock. I just tore some trails up this past weekend and its all the power I need. I know the guy I bought the thing from, he said he bought it from the dealer the way he gave it to me 3 years ago

Hes been riding it in this conidition for awhile.

When i changed the plug the old one looked te way it should. I will try to get a picture of it and post it up and see what you guys think.

What fuel controller is reccomended these days? I'm seeing lots of different reccomendations. I would like to do the 200 dollar range.... Im hearing good things about dobeck? The most id probably do is a slip on....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
For what you do a dobeck style is more then enough. If you was planning on doing a big motor build I would seriously go the dynojet route

·
Registered
17 Posts
On our Dyno with the exhaust insert removed and the air box lid removed the machine was as lean as 14:8 below 6000 rpm. Above 6000 rpm it was not as lean but still likes a little more fuel. We didn’t test with the air box lid on so yours might not be quite as lean as ours was but you could still probably use some additional fuel. On ours correcting the fuel delivery didn’t add any real peak power but it did add a bit of bottom end and a little over rev in addition to smoothing out the power curve.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
The MAP sensor should allow the machine to make adjustments for altitude so it should remain close to that AF ratio at different elevations. I must qualify that we have not gone to different dynos at different altitudes to test that theory. I will say that when we tested the stock machine with the lid and exhaust insert in place that the AF ratio was right around a nice 13:1 at our 4000’ of altitude so it looks like the MAP sensor is doing its job. It would be interesting to hear others results on stock machines with factory restrictions in place at different altitudes.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
the two biggest here are tqsatv.com and kb motorsports. U can also get the "parts for sale" section in the lower part of the main forums.

heck i actually have a LEXX that is dobeck used it for a month so far but i need to go the PC/V route since i have motor mods now. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just put a HMF Slip-On on my 07 700 and it sounds great. So if you do get a slip on I recommend it. Check your spark plug color. If it has a black color to it you're good. But if its gray to tan/brown it is running lean. I'm on the same boat as you with debating on getting a fuel controller (PowerCommander) but so far my Raptor is doing good. I still have the stock air filter and lid on the box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright boys.

Here come the questions. I purchased the Do beck older 4 pot controller. I'm about to install this thing. I email Matt Stoxen and he gives me these rec settings

G2:30
Y4:00
Red2:00
RPM7:00

For the GYTR air filter and adapter, lid on
Stock exhaust with spark arrestor removed.

Stock settings are

GRN @ 3:00 YEL @ 7:00 RED @ 3:00 RPM @ 7:00

Doesn't that seem like it would make it lean? I am a rookie at this but it does seem to me that it would be lean with those settings.

What would everyone recommend for these mods? I want it to run a hair rich so I'm on the safe side...

Thanks in advanced!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts