Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lectron HV dual 40's vs FCR 39's

I got a set of Lectron High Velocity Dual 40mm carbs custom made for my bike. Did I make a mistake Should I have stuck with FCR's. Just want to know what you guys think about Lectrons I basically bought them because I'm tired of jets and the time it takes to make adjustments. I know I'm new to this forum And might sound mechanically declined. Please bare with me.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got them from Kevin Gilham at Lectron Fuel Systems. And they were less expensive than what FCR's would have cost me. I recommend changing the petcock to a high flow pingel petcock. These carbs can really guzzle
The cables will not clear, I had to apply some heat to my gas tank and press it in from the bottom in order to make them fit. NO MORE PAIN IN THE A** JETTING

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Lectrons are a good carb for drag racing (WOT) and dumping a lot of fuel (like methanol). If your drag racing then it should be fine. If your doing general riding and duning where your on and off the throttle I would have went with FCR's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that explains where my fuel economy went
Thanks for the info P.S I still rather carry extra fuel than re-jet another carb much less clean the jets

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
They are a good drag carb and are easy to adjust with the needles. I dont know the specifics on them but a lot of drag guys run them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told by Kevin at Lectron that there carbs can atomize fuel much better than an EFI system can. The specs can be found here ( http://lectronfuelsystems.com/technical.html ) if interested. What sold me was the ease of tuning You don't have to remove the carb in order to adjust it. And to adjust top end you don't even need to remove the plastics or gas tank.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
As usual, 03LER has hit the nail on the head. They are more popular with the straight line crowd and as such there aren't many people on here that have a lot to share about tuning and setup for them.

But they're certainly great carbs capable of excellent performance and feeding a very thirsty engine which you have. I don't think you would have built something like that to putt around in some tight trails with so I think your carb choice is fine and that the lectrons will work well for you.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I used them in the days of drag racing sleds, good carb for wide open only driving, if you can handle that, good for you, you could even tweak the carbs when driving if you can get your hands on them................:D:D:D

·
Registered
532 Posts
What are your engine specs?cam? Just courious what other mods you have

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too many to mention

These are the mods on the engine:
-White Knuckle Racing Cylinder 105mm Bore (stock cylinder wall thickness)
-CP piston 13:5:1
-CNC 5 axis Head Porting with valve seat grind
- +1mm valves
-Kibblewhite Valve spring kit
-Stage 2 cam (Hotcam) (The stage 4 web cam is in the mail) Thanks to MadDogs tip
-Hot Rods HD Rod kit
-Dynatek Programable ignition
-GYTR complete clutch (friction discs, pressure plate & basket)
-Yukon HD tranny upgrade gears
- Pingel High Flow Petcock
-Lectron dual 40mm High Velocity carbs (custom setup only 1 fuel bowl)
-Custom manifold boots
-Trinity stage 4 exhaust (2 into 1) I know alot of people call trinity products grenades But thats Bull to me, I refuse to go dual and move my coolant reservoir So I figured its the closest thing I could get to duals...
-Double size radiator and aluminum oil resovoir
-Fr 15th/R 38th Vortex Sprockets
- Sidewinder XP 520 chain in the mail (Again thanks to MadDog)
-C14plus or Q16 VP race fuel only Experimenting with VP Import 120+ oct
-10mm head bolts
-AMR coil (looking for an MSD if possible)
-Colder NGK Spark plug same gap as OEM
-Installing this weekend Boss Noss Dual stage kit (starting with 10hp & 20hp shot to see if it holds)
Most of the work (like internals) done by White Knuckle Racing out in Wilsonville Oregon
And no I do not race I'm actually dumb enough to trail at WOT We have no hills nor narrow trails down here in south Florida. WEEEEEEE:wow:

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's a he'll of a set up for trail riding, becarefull and have fun.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thread help

go to the forum tab or link pick the category your new thread will fall under and then click the new post button and that's it.

There you go an actual answer Unlike other people that tell the newbies "go to the manual" or "go to this link"

·
Registered
92 Posts
so there is no accelerator pump or choke . not good for me because of cold weather in the winter .
thanks for the thread.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so there is no accelerator pump or choke . not good for me because of cold weather in the winter .
thanks for the thread.

YES THEY DO HAVE A CHOKE I never need it but its there in case I ride in a colder climate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
40mm lectrons on raptor

YES THEY DO HAVE A CHOKE I never need it but its there in case I ride in a colder climate.
Dual 40mm High Velocity Lectrons

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
I used to have a trinity pipe on my 660. I liked it on the stock engine but on the built engine it did not flow well on the top end. If you go go a x4 cam I think a sparks pipe would be better suited for your setup. Sounds like you have a nice build coming along tho...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used to have a trinity pipe on my 660. I liked it on the stock engine but on the built engine it did not flow well on the top end. If you go go a x4 cam I think a sparks pipe would be better suited for your setup. Sounds like you have a nice build coming along tho...
Thanks for the tip james

1 - 20 of 20 Posts