Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering what the go to headlight bulb is for the 700s these days. I’m looking for something much brighter than stock. I’ve been running a single 7” LED light bar mounted on the front bumper for a while now. It does a nice job of lighting the path ahead and is MUCH brighter than stock headlight & bulbs; but I can’t stand the look of the dumb thing

Are there any stock replacement bulbs that will come close to the power of a small light bar?

The light bar I have is rated at 36 watts & 3600 Lumens

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
What about dedicated pods where the headlights are? The problem with replacing just the bulb is that you have a reflector that is designed for halogen and not LEDs. Pods would eliminate that problem and you can fab a mount up using 1/4 inch aluminum angle bar. I personally choose pods and a Handle bar mount. I am only using 4 more watts than stock. If you look up 08 SE Cali build you will see my set up. I am sorry I don't know how to link threads.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Here is what @5150 raptorman is referring to.

Reactions: 5150 raptorman

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. That isn’t a bad setup, although I much prefer the look of the stock headlights. Maybe there isn’t really any substitute for a light bar or pods, kinda what I figured but disappointing. This is my current setup. My factory light switch turns on the light bar, the factory headlights don’t ever come on

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a light bar on my bumper as well. I have been considering retrofitting in some bi-xenon projectors in the stock headlights. Those lights are crazy bright and you keep the stock look. There is one kit I found available. I will link the YouTube video.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I like that setup a lot, thanks for the reply. It’s a little spendy but definitely the type of thing I’m looking for. I’ll have to think about it but that’s definitely the go to if I really can’t stand my light bar anymore

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I kind of put this project on hold for a little, but just recently started my hunt again for better lighting with the factory headlights. I was going to go with the HID kit that was suggested above, but then I found these

They’re quite a bit cheaper, and are much more plug and play than the HIDs I was looking at. They claim 300% brighter than stock bulbs, which should be plenty for me. Anyone out there have these? How do you like them?

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
I bought these for a fraction of the cost. At least in the garage they seem much brighter than stock.

Reactions: Brunosr20

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not bad, I noticed those say 1600 lumens which isn’t bad, but the kit I posted claims 4000 lumens per bulb

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Good catch. Keep us posted if you go with the ones you found.

Reactions: raptordude

·
Registered
Barker Duals rocket factory intake power commander 11.5 stage 3 cam hinson Jogaca and many more mods
55 Posts
When you are out in the desert you can't have too much lighting, especially at race-type
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

speeds.

·
Registered
Barker Duals rocket factory intake power commander 11.5 stage 3 cam hinson Jogaca and many more mods
55 Posts
custom built 6-gallon tank we are testing to make sure all works well before sharing with everyone and marketing them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys, i was wondering what the go to headlight bulb is for the 700s these days. I’m looking for something much brighter than stock. I’ve been running a single 7” LED light bar mounted on the front bumper for a while now. It does a nice job of lighting the path ahead and is MUCH brighter than stock headlight & bulbs; but I can’t stand the look of the dumb thing

Are there any stock replacement bulbs that will come close to the power of a small light bar?

Thanks in advance

I run H6M Hi/Lo HID kit, for the life of me I can't remember the brand. The difference is amazing between stock. Bit of a mission getting all the relay boxes and ballasts tucked out of the way. Need to adjust the beam angles once fitted so I don't dazzle other road users (legal to ride quads on the street in Scotland). Also the HID bulbs can be installed with the factory boots on the headlight so no water gets in. Had them in for years without issue or having to replace ballasts etc, now I say that they are going to break.....

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks nice looks like you have enough voltage there to keep the T-Rex in its paddock.

At this point I’m sold on the LED kit from “Hidsrus.” But first, I need to buy new headlights since i took mine apart and blacked out the inside. Looks cool if you aren’t using them, but cuts the light output significantly. So it’ll end up being a fairly expensive endeavor just to get away from my light bar

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just pulled the trigger on new OEM headlights and the LED kit from “HidsRus.” Im excited to see how bright they are, according to the numbers it should be more than twice the brightness of my current light bar. I’ll post pics when I get them on

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thanks in advance

The problem with replacing just the bulb is that you have a reflector that is designed for halogen and not LEDs.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Installed the LED bulbs tonight, I’m super happy with them so far. Hopefully they age well. The pic is with one LED, one stock. It’s definitely brighter than my light bar, and the light is dispersed better as well

FINALLY that dumb light bar is gone

1 - 20 of 23 Posts