Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Raptor 700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum and fairly new to the Raptor life with summer creeping on us here in Vegas most of my rides are going to be at night and I want to upgrade my current set up to something a little better. I’m looking to run a set of ridge pods with a amp draw of 3.14 per pod and a max voltage of 36 do you guys think I can wires this directly to the oem light harness ? Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in Advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,804 Posts
I have 4 pods and a 12” bar on mine. I have the 12” bar on its own circuit, one set of the pods hooked to the OEM “Low beams” and the other pod set hooked on its own circuit as the “Highs” if you will, which is just all 4 pods on at the same time. The pods hooked into the OEM harness has a flicker of sorts compared to either set that has their own wiring and relay. I would suggest to run its own harness, which as I am writing this, makes me think I better take my own suggestion....I will be ordering another harness today and eliminate it completely from OEM wiring.

Maybe someone else has had better luck, but not me.

Reactions: Samzilla

·
Registered
2018 Raptor 700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 4 pods and a 12” bar on mine. I have the 12” bar on its own circuit, one set of the pods hooked to the OEM “Low beams” and the other pod set hooked on its own circuit as the “Highs” if you will, which is just all 4 pods on at the same time. The pods hooked into the OEM harness has a flicker of sorts compared to either set that has their own wiring and relay. I would suggest to run its own harness, which as I am writing this, makes me think I better take my own suggestion....I will be ordering another harness today and eliminate it completely from OEM wiring.

Maybe someone else has had better luck, but not me.
Thanks for the reply morph rider really appreciate it !

·
Premium Member
108 Posts

Added 2 pods to my raptor. Tied into brights. Has worked great no problems.

Reactions: Samzilla

·
Super Moderator
8,804 Posts
They stay solidly on? Mine seem like they surge with the alternator. Perhaps I will take a video later today and throw on here.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Yep just fine. Maybe your all around pulling to much power with all those lights. Not sure but your pulling alot more than me. I have a shorai lithium battery as well.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I have this on my handlebars,
works great.
The light pods are really good too, I just like that the lightbar on the bars turns, and lights corners/turns better.
My bracket is custom, but there are handlebar lightbar brackets on ebay too.
This light is the best $50 mod ever

20210322_200214.jpg

Stock high beam
20210321_205623.jpg

Lightbar
20210321_205627.jpg

Pictures don't do this lightbar justice, it really lights up the night! I can actually see!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
1st question what stem and what bend of bars please?

2nd is so like legit just cut the wires going into the stock lights and wired those into the pods?
Lsr +2 stem, precision engineering shock&vibe clamp, renthal 604 bars (Carmichael low).

i cut the connector off the oem headlights and wired it to my pods so they just plug in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts