Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you haven't noticed, I'm a fan of modifying what I have instead of paying hundreds of dollars on aftermarket parts. ::)

Anyways, I'm thinking of pulling my steering stem and lengthening them to the correct height for Creech bend flexx bars.

Do you guys think I should go 2" extra on the stem? And will I need to get different cables or anything like that to compensate?

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I did mine, extended it 2"....works like a $300 one to me :thumbsup:. I just cut it in half and put a length of pipe in and welded it back together. The pipe piece was 3" long and I just slipped the 2 halves of the stem into each end 1/2". Just gotta be sure to have it perfectly straight and indexed. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
The stock stem bends like butter, and the last thing I'd do is weaken it further by slapping a spacer in the middle.

Use the ends and substitute a new tube, preferably chromoly. Still considerably cheaper if you've got the means. If not, burgard makes cheap stems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.