Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if i should take my 06 700r to the dealer for its 10 hour service. I ahve heard that they adjust the valves, then others have told me they dont.....ithey told me it was going to be like $100!!! Just wondering if anybody knows! Thanks
-Terry

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think the first service should be covered under the 6 month factory warranty if you go before the six months is up. I got the extended warranty, and got it serviced, the bill was 400 bucks but the warranty covered it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sik is correct. The $100-$150 is only for the valve adjustment or check as the case may be. But they will try to add on an oil change, chain adjustment, etc, etc to boost the cost. Change your own oil and make your own adjustments unless they do it for free. It will be hard to actually get out the door for just the $100-$150. Make sure you are adamant with them and you should be alright.

Craig,

PS: My dealer quote for the first service was around $400. Everything except the vavles were easy and I could do myself in my garage in minimal time.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
thats a rip,

my dealer charges $130 for a full service, adjust valves, cables, chain, change oil, filter, clean air filter, inspect, charge battery, wash

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wont let the dealers touch my quads. I had 2 in for service a few years ago and they didnt do squat, They charged me about $300 and didnt touch anything. If you need to bring it in to keep up the waranty go ahead, but otherwise I dont trust the service departments in my area.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had signed up for a 3 year all service work plan but then got the hell out of it once I realized I can do everything on my own. I am a hands on kinda guy. I will learn on the way!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Sik I agree that is a Rip and they act like they are doing me a favor. If I had not bought the quad there it would be more, so they say. Not a real big fan of theirs. Heck they should be a fan of mine. I put the owner's son in the Army just before I bought my quad, just a coincidence by the way.

Craig,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Depends on your skills. I prefer to take it to the dealer for the first service and once a year after. I have the skills, but not much time. They might find other issues with your quad on the service. Better to pay for it now that be stuck in the sand somewhere.

·
Registered
824 Posts
my friend just bought a kawasaki brute force next to where im goin to pick the up the rappy and they gave him a 2 year free maintence deal. so or all the oil-changes and stuff like that is all free, im gonna bring it up and see if they go for it, doubt it but wont hurt to try i suppose lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
When is the first service, pretty sure the dealer said 10 hours. :confused: But the manual says 20?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the same bike. I plan on chainging oil at 10 hours and getting vales and oil done at 20.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts