Votes: 90 55.6%
  • Replaced their 01 components with 02+ PRIOR to problems occuring

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
No problems here yet 2nd feels super strong still. I am not the origonal owner though and i do know it was broken down before.

·
Registered
49 Posts
01 tranny replaced

My 01 Raptor tranny went out on me 2-3 years ago.I upgraded it.On my second ride after getting out to California for the winter,second gear went out again.The company I bought the gears from in Pennsylvania took the tranny back and rebuilt it for me at no cost.But I still lost a lot of riding time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, first post here.

I've got an 01 i bought a couple years ago, i'm the third owner. I have no idea if the gears have been changed or not. I've been aware of this issue since I've had the quad, and it comes to mind evertime i'm climbing a hill or gassing it hard!
Are there any tell tale signs of failure or is it just "bang" and you're pushing it back to camp?
I might pick up a replacement kit and keep it handy.... What would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all, first post here.

I've got an 01 i bought a couple years ago, i'm the third owner. I have no idea if the gears have been changed or not. I've been aware of this issue since I've had the quad, and it comes to mind evertime i'm climbing a hill or gassing it hard!
Are there any tell tale signs of failure or is it just "bang" and you're pushing it back to camp?
I might pick up a replacement kit and keep it handy.... What would you guys recommend?
When mine started to go it sounded like the sprocket was starting to slip in the chain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I havent had my 01 that long but the motor doesnt have any signs that it was ever opened up but who knows. I seem to neutral shift alot when i try to hit second but the gear itself still goes in fine. Just need to make sure i lift pretty heavy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
01 tranny

I have owned 2 01 raptors the first one cost me 1800 to fix the tranny and replace the piston . This next one got stuck in reverse because the dog broke off and bent the shift fork . This one I am fixing my self at the cost of 550 give or take a few bucks.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts