Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Has anyone used it?
It's a Dobeck Gen 3 and I've had it on my bike for close to 2 years now. No complaints, it's a very good unit for it's price. It does not have the flexibility of a PC3/PC5 but it does the job well nonetheless. Unless you are looking for every bit of HP on a dyno or have a lots of mods, I highly recommend it. If you got the $$$ for a PC5 go for it though.

This is the same unit as a DMC EFI, Trinity EFI and several other models out there. All the same with a different label on it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dobeck units work great on any unit regardless of mods. The internal mapping is what will make a difference. As a map builder, I can build a base map with enough adjustability for any setup including nitrous application. The base map is what matters though. So, I would always recommend buying a controller from a company that has a dyno and has done the research on their maps. Not a box that came off of Dobecks shelf.

Nate

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Dobeck units work great on any unit regardless of mods. The internal mapping is what will make a difference. As a map builder, I can build a base map with enough adjustability for any setup including nitrous application. The base map is what matters though. So, I would always recommend buying a controller from a company that has a dyno and has done the research on their maps. Not a box that came off of Dobecks shelf.
Umm, so you are saying that the Dobeck is programmable? I did not know that.. I thought all Dobecks were made equal. If indeed they are programmable, then I 100% agree with you and retract my statement about the quantity of mods. I thought the basemap was the same in all of them and that it could not be changed, hence my suggestion to go with a PC3/5 if you have lots of mods.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Umm, so you are saying that the Dobeck is programmable? I did not know that.. I thought all Dobecks were made equal. If indeed they are programmable, then I 100% agree with you and retract my statement about the quantity of mods. I thought the basemap was the same in all of them and that it could not be changed, hence my suggestion to go with a PC3/5 if you have lots of mods.
Dobeck boxes are completely programmable. I have a docking station for gen 3 versions that attaches to the rubber plug on the back of a dobeck box. Newer gen 3.5 versions use IRda technology to beam the mapping to them. They also have an option for O2 sensor input and autoune, additional injector control, 12v sytstem activation, etc. look at this site you can even play around with programming by following the link on that page....

http://powerlabhq.com/powerlabinfo.asp

That is why telling someone to set there box at x, x, x, x, x, settings is pointless unless the boxes are identical in internal mapping. All Dobeck boxes are not equal. We put countless hours into r/d on the dyno building our own maps for these boxes; as where many companies purchase units with shelf mapping from Dobeck.

Hope that helps.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not going full tilt, Just want exhaust and an intake so I need a tuner. Dont plan to go hard core. If the motor ever goes ill probably keep it mild. Im not a hardcore atv guy. Just love to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts