Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Raptor 125

I put a Lexx exhaust system on my son's 2011 Raptor 125 and thought I'd review it. I bought it from Rocky Mountain ATV. It was listed as the exhaust for the Raptor 250 but it also fits the 125. The system included the exhaust pipe and the mid-pipe (not the header) and the hardware to install it. The packaging was very good; no problems there. It came with almost everything you need to install it. You will need to supply some hi-temp silicon, blue lock tight and an exhaust spring puller.

It was an easy install. Everything fits. The instructions were clear. The hardest part was installing the rearmost mounting bracket. It is a metal wrap-around "strap" that is easiest with two people. Once installed, the system was very sturdy. There were no rubbing or clearance issues. In a word, the install process was "simple."

The pipe looks great. The "can" has a brushed metal finish. It came with a spark arrestor insert that is removable. The pipe sounds very cool. It makes the little 125 sound much more aggressive. It is much louder than stock, but my son has not complained. He likes the sound.

The Lexx pipe weights about the same as the stock pipe.

The pipe definitely flows more air than stock. I don't know what the dyno results would be, but the Lexx clearly improved performance. With the air box lid removed and the Lexx pipe on, I have had to go WAY UP on the main jet (I am still experimenting with the jetting). I will post an update on that later.

We ride in Albuquerque at 5600'. It is about 95 degrees F.

Bottom line: It is a $200 pipe that looks, sounds and performs like the $400 ones.

Questions?

·
Registered
118 Posts
What kind of riding are you doing with the quad?? I've tested a couple diff pipes and header length and diameter affect torque and horsepower the most aside from getting rid of the stock muffler. "Good choice with taking the air box lid off and changing the muffler".

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought one!

Hope to get it by Friday! Gonna pull the main and pilot jet and hit the local shop to see if I can grab a few larger sizes.

Any suggestions? We ride in Florida, hot and humid most of the time.

I'll let you know what works for us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI

When the rear shock was fully compressed, our pipe hit the brake caliper. Make sure your pipe clears it or it will dent the pipe. I had to bend our pipe outward slightly (1/2 inch).

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Raptor 125

I put a Lexx exhaust system on my son's 2011 Raptor 125 and thought I'd review it. I bought it from Rocky Mountain ATV. It was listed as the exhaust for the Raptor 250 but it also fits the 125. The system included the exhaust pipe and the mid-pipe (not the header) and the hardware to install it. The packaging was very good; no problems there. It came with almost everything you need to install it. You will need to supply some hi-temp silicon, blue lock tight and an exhaust spring puller.

It was an easy install. Everything fits. The instructions were clear. The hardest part was installing the rearmost mounting bracket. It is a metal wrap-around "strap" that is easiest with two people. Once installed, the system was very sturdy. There were no rubbing or clearance issues. In a word, the install process was "simple."

The pipe looks great. The "can" has a brushed metal finish. It came with a spark arrestor insert that is removable. The pipe sounds very cool. It makes the little 125 sound much more aggressive. It is much louder than stock, but my son has not complained. He likes the sound.

The Lexx pipe weights about the same as the stock pipe.

The pipe definitely flows more air than stock. I don't know what the dyno results would be, but the Lexx clearly improved performance. With the air box lid removed and the Lexx pipe on, I have had to go WAY UP on the main jet (I am still experimenting with the jetting). I will post an update on that later.

We ride in Albuquerque at 5600'. It is about 95 degrees F.

Bottom line: It is a $200 pipe that looks, sounds and performs like the $400 ones.

Questions?
May I ask how you got that mounting bracket on? I’ve been trying for 2 hours and still can’t get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts