Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, over the weekend my neighbor bought a YFZ450R. Even though I beat him, easily, he went straight to the upgrade board. I figure he's buying a big 3 setup for it, seeing as that all my Raptor had and it pulled him terribly. How well do the YFZs respond to these on top and bottom end. Should I be worried? Would a 15 tooth front sprocket and speed limitor removal be worth it? Besides going internal, what else would you suggest. I don't want to gear it so high that I loose my bottom end, but I want it to be competitive as he upgrades his.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
HC2 ;) and maybe a programmable dynatek. But from what I know they don't respond to well to them, because they are designed to be track ready out of the box so its harder to get power out of it.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
HC3 FCI dynatekFS +3tb he'll be chasing you for a while.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
:turbo1:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's what I did and couldn't be happier. Yep, it's a lot of $$, but it stops the mod bug. At 100hp out of a raptor, there aren't too many more upgrade paths.

I love this answer cause then you gotta sale big3 and drop 3,000 on a turbo kit then go have it tuned and set up properly.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's what I did and couldn't be happier. Yep, it's a lot of $$, but it stops the mod bug. At 100hp out of a raptor, there aren't too many more upgrade paths.
I seen your garage and all the toys a lot of guys ain't got your money. It'd make my mod bug worse. If I got a 100hp I'd be after 200hp next. I can't get enough. I could of turbo'd but didn't on new build. Always been an N/A guy don't like spray to much. That thing gonna be insane with tires and I wanna see it in the thick mud once everything starts warming up.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Well, over the weekend my neighbor bought a YFZ450R. Even though I beat him, easily, he went straight to the upgrade board. I figure he's buying a big 3 setup for it, seeing as that all my Raptor had and it pulled him terribly. How well do the YFZs respond to these on top and bottom end. Should I be worried? Would a 15 tooth front sprocket and speed limitor removal be worth it? Besides going internal, what else would you suggest. I don't want to gear it so high that I loose my bottom end, but I want it to be competitive as he upgrades his.
My buddy has a yfz450R with the sparks big 3, sparks x6,sparks air intake, sparks pc5 it really woke up the top end on that bike, when it was stock i would walk it on the top end and i had a 13tooth front sproket, then he got the the big 3 and would walk right by me on the top end, then i got dmc duals, fci intake, pc 5 now he's sucking dirt again but i will tell you two things im 260 lbs he's 160, and we've never raced all the the way into fifth cause im usually ahead but becareful on the top end but you should have him covered

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Get a dynatek to kill speed limitor and a cam that'll pull past 5500 rpm you'll smash him.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My buddy has a yfz450R with the sparks big 3, sparks x6,sparks air intake, sparks pc5 it really woke up the top end on that bike, when it was stock i would walk it on the top end and i had a 13tooth front sproket, then he got the the big 3 and would walk right by me on the top end, then i got dmc duals, fci intake, pc 5 now he's sucking dirt again but i will tell you two things im 260 lbs he's 160, and we've never raced all the the way into fifth cause im usually ahead but becareful on the top end but you should have him covered
Forget the 13t go 15t the dirt ain't gonna rob ya of tq like the sand will on take offs spinning. You'll walk him with bigger front sprocket 450's and Shees are breakfast and lunch.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Forget the 13t go 15t the dirt ain't gonna rob ya of tq like the sand will on take offs spinning. You'll walk him with bigger front sprocket 450's and Shees are breakfast and lunch.
I got the 14 on there now Dano and it pulls like crazy but i ride the dunes too and the 15 will be too long for that

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I got the 14 on there now Dano and it pulls like crazy but i ride the dunes too and the 15 will be too long for that
That means more motor lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
If your thinking of adding a cam as some have suggested it's important to include a higher compression piston at the same time. Reason being, at the stock lame a$$ 9.2:1 you're going to be further reducing your dynamic compression ratio with a longer duration aftermarket cam. Get that back with a good piston and your buddy will be chasing you for a long long time.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I put down close to 57hp on stock piston HC3 dynatek DMC duals and pc5 picked up more with +3

·
Registered
415 Posts
I put down close to 57hp on stock piston HC3 dynatek DMC duals and pc5 picked up more with +3
well i guess i need to get me a +3 and dynatek for my next motor mods. 8) i should easily be in the 60's then.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Each dyno different one may say 55 throw on another get 62 or 49. They all don't read the same. I had a guy that new how to "tune" the FCI. It goes rich at certain rpm with that intake then leans out up top. It's a good bolt on set up Sikk6 build I called it. Some call it super 6 build. I loved it then wanted more and more it doesn't stop.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Cant wait to be able to put some money in mine. Still a long way to go till then... around september. When my debts are clear watch me go go go. I feel i might need to go internal when the time comes but a good big 3 should be good enough until i need more. But think im going case saver, lt suspension with a-arms first with skids, nerfs and tires then longer swinger, better bars and stabilizer then big 3 and front 15t. Slowly but surely i just cant wait to pay that freakin debt. I already feel bored with the stock power i have. As soon as these are done internals here i come. Dont worry ill ask alot of questions before i mod. If i could win the lottery id be all set LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts