Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I've been kicking the idea around of adding a light bar to my handle bars rather than going to hid. have any of you done this if so some picks and wiring info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I wish the price would come down on them.... On my Grizzly, I have two LED Flood lights, each have 6 3 watt LEDs and they kick ass when I am out plowing the road.

·
Registered
305 Posts
got trail tech vapor computer, maybe i can get a single handlebar mount for each side?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
there are a few options to mount lights to the bars around the Vapor. single lights would be your best option.

depending on the riding you do will depend if you want spot lights or flood lights. your headlights, even HID headlights are nothing compared to a good set of LED lights.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Rap_rider had some pics on a thread a while back of I think it was a 6" led bar on the bars. When I am ready for lighting I will be going that route.
RR - do you still have that pic?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
i do have a bunch of photos from the 2" lights on bars, to a 12" light bar on my Raptor's bumper.

I am doing the 12" on my bumper with a quick disconnect so I can run it only when i need it.

Pair of 3" lights - 1280 lumens each.

The mounts can be placed in different spots on the bars to leave clearance for the dash, or they can be mounted lower on the frame. You can also make flat bar steel mounts as another member did to clear the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i do have a bunch of photos from the 2" hid headlight kits on bars, to a 12" light bar on my Raptor's bumper.

I am doing the 12" on my bumper with a quick disconnect so I can run it only when i need it.

Pair of 3" lights - 1280 lumens each.

The mounts can be placed in different spots on the bars to leave clearance for the dash, or they can be mounted lower on the frame. You can also make flat bar steel mounts as another member did to clear the dash.
Hello friend I am looking to add lights on my bumper. Do you prefer led lights or you have some other good options? Waiting for reply:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
LED lights are the way to go for sure. HIDs have no chance of competing with LEDs for cost, light, or power draw. HIDs in the headlights is basically a cosmetic choice at this point. a good set of LEDs, or a LED bar will make HID headlights barely even show up.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
RR - I sent you a PM

·
Registered
135 Posts
so can someone link me to a good setup for a stock 700R?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,600 Posts
GTP Off Road. See his posts above. ^^^

Reactions: morphrider
1 - 20 of 40 Posts